For more information and/or to apply for this job please visit DuPont online at (copy/paste into new browser window) http://biosciences.dupont.com/careers/search-jobs/ and search by job title. Please do not provide your resume to this posting and note that if you did, you will not receive ongoing communication regarding your submittal. In order for you to be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to apply directly through the above-mentioned website. |
DuPont is seeking a Contract Specialist for contracting corn stover feedstock for the cellulosic ethanol plant being constructed in Nevada, IA. This role will be responsible for implementing the company’s strategy for sourcing corn residues to support its first commercial cellulosic ethanol facility. Position responsibilities will include direct selling of stover harvest contacts to local corn producers, providing agronomic support services to contracted producers, and participating as a crucial member of a team of sales professionals.
DuPont aims to be the world’s leading cellulosic ethanol company by delivering comprehensive, integrated technology, engineering and service solutions. Built on a legacy of leadership and strategic collaborations, DuPont is positioned as a key player in achieving global goals for energy independence, rural development, and deployment of a reliable, sustainable transportation fuel supply.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Lead field contracting efforts, within a specified area surrounding Nevada, IA, for stover harvest service contracts with corn producers, including both initial and renewal contracts
• Develop tactical plans for meeting acreage and tonnage targets within assigned producer area
• Implement programs for producer contracts
• Interface with local producers, land owners, ethanol facilities, local and regional authorities, and other external parties integral to collection of the required feedstocks
• Contribute to development and enhancement of a customer and prospect database
• Build and maintain strong relationships with:
o Key Industry/Market Influencers
o Internal DuPont Partners and Teammates
• Ensure that contract provisions are implemented efficiently and effectively
• Ensure supplier compliance to all aspects of contract terms including safety, quality, delivery and pricing
• Adhere to all legal and regulatory obligations as well as internal safety and ethical standards
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have an Bachelors degree in an agricultural business or related technical discipline. Other degrees, with related field contracting experience, will be considered.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in agricultural contracting is preferred.
• Contract administration experience focused on farming, seed production and/or specialty crops
• Proven experience in managing contractual relationships within the agricultural community
• Experience in negotiating agricultural production contracts for agricultural products
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, and demonstrated performance as a member of successful teams
• Ability to work with senior leaders and other cross-functional groups
• Experience presenting in front of multiple types of audiences including farmer groups, business partners and government officials
• Practical knowledge of regional agronomic practices for corn and soybean production
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office and GIS software
• Working knowledge of the SAP system
Demonstrated knowledge of:
o Agricultural specialty crop contracting
o Selling methodologies and techniques
o Marketing tools and techniques
o Agronomy and crop production practices
o Local / regional agricultural markets
Demonstrated skills in:
o Conflict resolution
o Handling objections and coaching
o Using computer hardware software/intranet to generate reports, territory plans, inventory data, access DuPont information and complete administrative duties.
Demonstrated ability to:
o Build/maintain strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, and internal DuPont partners and teammates
o Work effectively within a team environment
o Understand the needs and values of partners and customers and to develop solutions to satisfy/retain those partners and customers
o Troubleshoot and overcome contract problems
o Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles, finding creative solutions
o Work independently with minimum supervision
o Adapt to a rapidly changing business environment
Pioneer - 20 months ago
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...