Job ID: : 26496
Department: : Contracts and Benefits
City: : Bloomington, MN
Location: : HP - Bloomington 8170 Office Bldg
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Flex hours - must be available during core business hours as needed.
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, patients and the community helped us to earn a place on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s List of the Twin Cities Great Places to Work. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
Our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Contracts and Benefits Analyst. Provides HealthPartners/GHI and its related companies with: Customized Large Employer Group Contracts, which are mandatory in the sale of our corporate HMO, Indemnity & Self-Funded medical, dental, Seniors, reinsurance and other products purchased by new and renewing key Large Employers for their Employees and Dependents. Contracts & Services Must: (1) meet our corporate contract obligations to those clients; (2) accurately reflect the purchase agreement; (3) comply with state & federal laws & corporate policies; (4) require customized Group Contracts Services unique to the Employer Account; and (5) assure the timely delivery of customized Contracts and related documents to those clients.
Independently, comprehensively & timely service all assigned key Employer accounts, as outlined below, so that the Employers receive Master Contracts, Policies & Administrative Services agreements; the Employees receive Member Contracts, Certificates & Summary Plan Descriptions, and/or related Amendments & Schedules. These must be: (1) in compliance with state & federal laws and corporate policies; and (2) reflect the various products, benefits, underwriting, or other risk-sharing and administrative arrangements specific to those clients; & (3) meet all service objectives.
- Provide standard & non-standard customized Group contracts’ development and manage all related services aspects, such as meeting deadlines, establishing priorities for multiple contracts & deadlines, communications, negotiation & resolutions of issues or conflicts, obtaining authorizations as necessary, to assure accurate & timely delivery of such development services.
- Examine each Employer account’s sale information & customization request received from Sales via the GDF system & other communications.
- Analyze for compliance with corporate-approved customization policies, relevant state & federal mandates using corporate, department & regulatory information tools to determine compliance, as necessary, for each customized product, to assure customization request is in compliance. Research missing or conflicting information.
- Determine potential conflicts in compliance, communications, or other concerns. Initiate communications, or other concerns. Initiate communications to raise awareness, propose resolutions to bring into compliance, as shown below.
- Directly resolve all standard problems with Sales Representatives, Employer, Marketing Manager, Contracts & Benefits Administrator, Senior Analyst or Manager, Claims, Membership Accounting, Member Services, or Attorney, as necessary.
- Obtain direction for non-standard problems from contracts & Benefits Administrator, Senior Analyst or Manager, then work independently to resolve with Sales & Marketing Manager, Claims, Membership Accounting, Member Services, or Attorney, as necessary.
- Determine appropriate products & Contracts development strategies based on sale analysis.
- Develop customized Group Contracts, Amendments & Schedules for each Employer Account based on sale analysis and products determination, by writing specific drafts from department’s approved Contract prototypes, utilizing the department’s Contract information & production tools, software programs, and systems. If necessary, submit non-standard customized contractual documents to assigned Senior Analyst for review prior to delivery to client. Deliver developed Contract drafts to appropriate Sales Representative for delivery to, review of & approval by client.
- When necessary, submit insured non-standard customized contractual documents for regulatory filing submission to Regulators, as required, for their review & approval, prior to implementation & delivery to client.
- Negotiate all routine draft revisions between Sales, internal stakeholder, Employer & regulator, address objections & recommend compliance or service solutions, to finalize the drafts. Refer non-routine issues to appropriate authority for direction.
- Coordinate approval process with sales, internal stakeholders, Employers & Regulators, make all necessary revisions to finalize contractual evidences for implementation.
- Write from Employer-and/or Regulator-approved Contracts drafts, the final print-ready production versions required, to initiate printing by vendors and implementation services.
- Manage assigned accounts’ day to day implementation functions.
- Determine printing volumes, timelines, etc., and instruct print vendors on required services.
- Coordinate installation of customized Employer and Member contracts & Amendments, with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Participate in relevant corporate installation teams, as necessary.
- Assure issuance of Contracts, etc., by loading appropriate custom contract information on DEC system (Group Set up application) to initiate Membership Accounting procedures to mail Employee Contracts and related materials to those clients.
- Prepare for, or participate in, staff training for customized products & accounts implementation, as necessary.
- Represent Contracts & Benefits. Dept., relative to assigned Employer Accounts or other corporate policy implementation teams, as assigned by Dept. Manager or Administrator.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Provide assigned dept. administrative services and projects.
- Provide day to day technical direction to all Writer staff, for routine customized development or other technical specialties, as assigned.
- Participate in dept. or corporate training, as necessary.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in English or other Liberal Arts discipline. Or Technical Writing or Business, with documented excellence in research, analysis, problem solving, and writte4n communication.
2. 4 years of Senior contract Writer experience; or 2 years of Analyst experience after a minimum of 2 years of Contract Writer experience.
3. Demonstrable knowledge of HMO and Insurance laws, industry and marketplace.
4. 4 year Degree can be substituted with a 2-year Degree or coursework in English, other relevant Liberal Arts discipline, Business Administration, or Technical Writing (but, same emphasis on research, analysis, and written communication applies); plus 4 years of Senior Contract Writer and/or Analyst experience, and 2 years of contract Writer experience.
1. 2-3 years Regulatory Filing experience with State and/or Federal regulatory Authorities, such as State Insurance and Health Departments, within and outside of Minnesota.
2. Completion of certification by HIAA, LOMA, or CEBS, or completion of other appropriate industry coursework.
HealthPartners, nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care, offers a comprehensive benefits package. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.healthpartners.jobs, click on job opportunities and search for Job ID # 26496.
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
Contract experience on large complicated self-funded groups is a plus.
Move Up Back to top
Apply Now Add to Job Cart
View Search Results View Job Cart (0) Send This Job to a Friend View My Account
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...