GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This individual is responsible for administrative and contracting support for the Division Director of Contracting and Business Diversity (Division Director). He/she will be responsible for working to analyze the annual spend on identified products and services, identify savings opportunities, coordinate completion of contract documents, amendments, and maintenance to contracts managed by the Division Director. In addition, he/she will assist in resolving customer service issues related to the medical device area.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Analyze annual spend on identified products to identify savings opportunities
• Prepare presentations, executive summaries, and other documentation to outline savings opportunities for facility and division management teams
• May make presentations of contracts or opportunities to facility or division management teams
• Assist in the preparation of, maintenance of, and monitoring of performance for selected contracts
• Assist, coordinate or manage implementation of selected contracts
• Works with the Division Clinical Resource Director, facility based Supply Chain Director, and other facility based or supply chain personnel to provide product analysis for product selection and standardization
• May assist facility or division Supply Management Action Team's with product analysis
• Assist the Division Director of Contracting and Business Diversity, and Customer Service in resolving customer service issues related to contract performance
• Support business diversity initiatives through active participation in minority business organizations in the community
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the following minimal requirements:
• Healthcare Operations -- General knowledge of healthcare operations and medical device industry issues
• Financial -- Analytical and financial skills
• Communication -- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Organizational -- Possesses good organizational and task oriented capabilities
• Leadership - Ability to assist individuals and groups toward desired outcome and maintains confidentiality
• Interpersonal Skills -- Possesses developed interpersonal skills to work in a high profile and fast paced team environment
• PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency with the PC, including Microsoft Office applications and others as required
Associates degree required; Accounting/Economics/Finance preferred;
At least 3-4 years progressive, preferable in healthcare. Relevant education may substitute for experience requirement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds, occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disasters or emergency situations.
HCA Inc - 11 months ago