Reporting to the Associate Director of Sponsored Programs Administration, the Contract and Grant Specialist will provide sponsored program administrative support to assigned centralized campuses within the State University System. This position will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and administering a broad range of highly complex sponsored program agreements in a high-volume environment with constantly changing work demands. The incumbent must be able to prioritize and exercise independent judgment and critical thinking with a high level of understanding of Research Foundation policies and procedures. This position acts as a primary representative of the Research Foundation for issues relating to pre and post award policies and procedures regarding sponsored programs.
The Contract & Grant Specialist will be responsible for the following:
• Preparation/review, negotiation and execution of highly complex sponsored program agreements, including but not limited to, grant, contract, confidentiality/non-disclosure, international and clinical trial agreements as well as subcontracts and other miscellaneous documents.
• Provide daily technical support and facilitation to centralized campus staff on an array of matters concerning policies, procedures, regulation interpretation, sponsor collection issues, and dispute resolution.
• Serve as liaison between centralized campuses and sponsors concerning policies and procedures related to sponsored program administration on a day-to-day basis.
• Approve establishment of project expenditure accounts in conformity with the sponsor’s award document and Research Foundation and SUNY policies.
• Provide guidance to OSPS staff to assure accurate input of sponsor requirements and regulations affecting award establishment and reporting within the RF business system.
• Provide input on the establishment and maintenance of related policy, procedure and guidance documents.
• Provide training on pre and post award functions to campus personnel and assist with development of policies and procedures.
• Represent the Office of Sponsored Programs at campuses and other external meetings.
• Provide support and documentation of decentralization of sponsored programs services to selected and approved campuses. Manage project of decentralization activities.
Bachelor’s degree with significant experience (at least 5 years) in the management of sponsored programs functions in a higher education environment. Advanced degree, CRA designation and experience working with faculty on proposal development and submission are highly desirable.
Demonstrated record of composing and negotiating complex contracts and other agreements, effectively using knowledge of prime award terms, core research administration principles, and organizational policies and processes.
Advanced knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to grants and contracts is essential. An in-depth understanding of and ability to interpret and apply sponsored program policies and regulations with the goal of facilitating research administration is required.
Excellent communication skills are required, as well as the ability to think critically, in order to successfully research, analyze and present complex issues.
Informed references and a writing specimen shall be offered when requested.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/337167
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
- 2 years ago - save job