Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
We are a global leader in the electronic warfare, radar, missile, communication and space marketplace, moving information between sensors and decision makers. Worldwide we employ more than 12,000 people. We believe that being a world leader starts from within. We celebrate innovation and teamwork, and we foster a culture of respect and diversity. Our open door policy encourages valued input from our employees and our organizational growth stems from their contributions and development.
Contract Compliance Manager
will provide contractual guidance, helping to conduct contract negotiations, negotiating terms and conditions, overriding agreements, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements in accordance with corporate policies, reviewing and managing contracts, changes in scope, equitable adjustments, helping to ensure contracts are properly structured and executed within budget in accordance with company policies, customer specifications, statements of work and government regulations.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and expertise in contract management concepts.
- Negotiate complex terms and conditions, identifying and recommending mitigation solutions for onerous terms and conditions.
- Advise program and senior management of potential program risks in accordance with the contracts policy, company goals and objectives and legal requirements.
- Supervise staff including recommendations for selecting, terminating, performance evaluation, training, work assignments and problem resolution.
- Assist customer service and purchasing by providing direction on contractual matters.
- Provide guidance on FAR/DFAR/TINA/UCC/CAS/ITAR/EAR and other government procurement regulations.
- Provide guidance regarding intellectual property concepts and their application.
- Work independently with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment handling a variety of hi-level contracting activities.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communications skills that allow the individual to effectively interface with various levels of management both within the company and within the customer.
- Prepares customer correspondence as needed in order to respond to customer legal issues and terms and conditions negotiations.
- Evaluate assigned contracts in accordance with Contracts Framework policy.
- Assists in the administration of the purchase orders or contract.
- Review and execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population (M/F/D/V). See all of our latest opportunities at
- Minimum of ten years of government contract administration in an aerospace defense contractor manufacturing environment, preferably emphasizing radio frequency (RF) Microwave/Millimeter components and integrated assemblies.
- Proficient in SAP or Oracle.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with MBA or JD preferred.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of contract administration concepts.
- Ability to negotiate price and terms and conditions including reduction of risk through identification of onerous terms and conditions.
- Experience with FFP, CPFF and T&M contracts in a manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of intellectual property concepts and their application.
- Must be able to independently handling multiple hi-level contracting activities.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer interface.
- Provide training to contracts and non-contracts professionals.
or follow us on LinkedIn.
Cobham Microwave Electronics San Diego
Cobham - 15 months ago
In the aerospace and defense industries Cobham is all over the map. Serving customers in more than a hundred countries, Cobham provides...