The Contract Design Sales Specialist will provide extensive foodservice industry knowledge to our existing customers and potential customers through the use of quotation preparation, coordination of sales, and design/layout. This position requires contacting both existing and potential customers with the intent of increasing sales volume and market penetration.
- Promote the Contract Design Sales Department to existing customers targeted for growth potential by use of the telephone, mail, and personal visits.
- Promote Ace Mart to potential customers targeted by management with the purpose of exploring a possible relationship, which will fit the strategic marketing plan.
- Aid the Marketing Department when possible to promote contract/design sales and customer service to existing “Key Customers.”
- Provide customers with in-depth knowledge of foodservice design layout and provide consultation with the customer on their blueprints.
- Provide equipment quotations to customers and sales associates by use of AutoQuotes or factory price lists.
- Understand local codes pertinent to foodservice operations, to include special electrical, fire safety, gas, and health codes.
- Understand the basic principles of food preparation in the foodservice industry.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures for the proper handling of company money and follow the accounting practices as laid out by the Comptroller.
- Follow company procedures for charging fees and deposits as outlined in the SOP and insure sale profits meet guidelines as defined by the company.
- Provide customers with invoices for payment from the company’s point of sale computer system at agreed upon intervals of a project.
- Assist the company Comptroller collect past due invoices from the customers of the Contract Design Sales Department.
- Ensure all merchandise required to fulfill the customers order is on order within a time frame, which will surpass the customer’s expectations.
- Provide the Purchasing Department, Special Order documentation in a correct and timely manner, while coordinating the ordering of equipment with the Equipment Buyers to generate the greatest profit available and satisfying purchasing quotas.
- Participate in trade shows, factory tours, and other training as assigned by the Training Department of the General Manager’s Office.
- Travel by car and/or plane in and out of Texas as required by the position.
- Work with, direct when necessary, and coordinate with architects and contractors, whether under the employ of the customer or Ace Mart.
- Provide the correct utility requirements for the equipment being provided by Ace Mart to those parties responsible for providing utility access.
- Coordinate the placement of equipment on delivery at the jobsite and handle problems found there, including freight damage, immediately, on site with the contractor or responsible party.
- Ensure the customer is provided all the necessary paperwork, including warranties and instruction manuals upon the completion of the job in booklet form when reasonable.
- Upon completion of the job provide the customer with start-up instruction, use demonstrations and proper cleaning instruction of equipment purchased.
- Coordinate with the distribution centers the receiving, staging, and delivery of incoming orders.
- Participate in personal development through interaction with foodservice professionals, manufacturers and their representatives, media sources, and professional organizations.
Read, write and speak in English, with basic math skills to include multiplication of discounting percentages and profit margin percentages. Spanish language would be helpful.
Computer skills to include MSWord, MSExcel, Auto Quotes, with AutoCAD certification to be gained within twelve months from date of hire.
A valid Texas driver’s license, driver’s history consistent with passing Ace Mart’s insurance carriers qualifications and the ability to pass a drivers license check once per year.
Current knowledge required of:
Foodservice equipment and supply application.
Restaurant, institution, and other foodservice operations.
Discounts, freight rates, volume discounting, and preferred vendors.
Government and independently owned foodservice bidding.
Warranties, their application, including locating authorized service agencies.
Education and Experience:
a. High school diploma or equivalent.
b. Texas ServSafe certification.
c. Eight years of sales within the foodservice industry.
d. MS Word, MS Excel, Auto Quotes.
Physical requirements and conditions:
Pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug screening.
Standing, walking, and entering and exiting a motor vehicle multiple times daily.
Lift and lower boxes and objects 35 inches from the floor;
1 –25 lbs. 3 times daily.
26 – 50 lbs. 1 time daily.
Work at a CRT screen up to eight (8) hours daily.
Be able to travel to customer’s restaurants, navigate foodservice kitchens, construction sites, and remote location within the continental U.S.A.
Use a cell telephone, desk style telephone, and ten key calculators.
The seed for Ace Mart Restaurant Supply was first planted when Norman "Gus" Gustafson envisioned the opportunity to provide small,...