PLEASE NOTE PRIOR TO APPLYING: WE'RE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUALS COMING FROM ENTERPRISE OR CONSUMER SOFTWARE COMPANIES ONLY (THINK SIMILAR TO YAHOO, MICROSOFT, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AOL, REAL NETWORKS, ETC).
We're considered to be a very successful, fast-moving, agile and iterative consumer-facing dot-com with locations in San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA, Tempe, AZ and San Francisco, CA that is backed by both Kleiner Perkins (Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Google, Amazon) and Goldman Sachs. We're profitable, growing aggressively (organically and through acquisitions) and exceed $1/4 billion in annual revenues.
The Infrastructure Architect is a skilled, experienced architect who is an expert in the Infrastructure domain with proficiency across most, if not all, of the domains and disciplines of Infrastructure Architecture. The Infrastructure Architect’s job will be primarily to create the architecture artifacts that describe the sub-domains and sub-disciplines of our client's Architecture Model in order to establish technology guidance to technical practitioners across our client and partner teams.
The Infrastructure Architect also ensures that related artifacts do indeed integrate and mutually support each other. The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the optimization of infrastructure management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities. The Infrastructure Architect has long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems.
- Provides strong architect expertise to ensure that the Infrastructure Architecture supports and aligns with business initiatives and technology strategy. Drives the creation and implementation of architecture standards and artifacts in a complex environment.
- Creates technical architecture artifacts to document current and future architecture patterns and related conceptual architectures to be used by client's IT infrastructure teams and related development teams. Apply knowledge and understanding of current trends in the business and technology environments at our client's partner industries towards creation of these artifacts.
- Engages Application architects to ensure that overall Architecture is inclusive of all stakeholder viewpoints and are vetted to ensure that artifacts support, reflect, advance and integrate as intended.
- Ensures inclusion of our client's business vision, current business environment (internally and externally) and technology and industry trends to enable results that drive our client's business.
- Provides architecture design recommendations based on organization strategy, developing technical architecture and establishing standards and guidelines for the design of technology solutions.
- Strategically analyzes the risks, benefits, and opportunities associated with a technology solution.
- Makes sound decisions based on key business and technical drivers.
- Responsible for the introduction of new technologies in Infrastructure Architecture, examining the impact to our client.
- Proven strong architecture skills in most of the Infrastructure domains with deep expertise in a minimum of two major sub-domains:
- Multiple computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, OSX)
- Multiple compute server hardware environments
- Network: Routing, switching, and security protocols:
- Major vendors (Cisco, F5, Juniper)
- Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Client: Windows operating systems and desktop applications
- Deep knowledge in Virtualization (Desktop, Application, Server/Cloud)
- Mobile platforms (e.g. iOS and Android)
- Storage: Experience with NetApps and storage systems
- Database systems (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL)
- Middleware (WebLogic)
- Emerging technologies
- Voice/Telecom Systems
- Mobility solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- At least 8+ years’ experience as a practicing architect with 5+ years’ experience in an enterprise architect function.
- Some level of formal training in Enterprise Architecture is required. Experience with architecture modeling tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding at a high level of one or more industry-standard architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, FEAF, Gartner/Meta, etc. is required. Certification in one or more such framework is a plus.
- Conversational in most of the following: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, and operational disciplines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least three of the following areas: business architecture, application architecture, data architecture, technical/infrastructure architecture, security disciplines, or operational disciplines.
- Exemplary technology skills and a track record of applying these skills as a practicing architect. Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate at the CxO level, as well as architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels.
- Exemplary relationship skills and with a track record of being a trusted advisor.
- Great time management and a passion for making commitments happen.
nPost.com - 20 months ago