1. Responsibilities and tasks
Under general supervision, the individual manages all aspects of the contracts process, including interfacing within the organization, managing clarification and exceptions to the contract, and client communications. Essential functions include:
1. Manage the project contract variation order process through collaboration with project team members
2. Interface with Legal and Management to understand and challenge the exceptions taken to client and supplier terms and conditions.
3. Assess and maintain contracts and variation orders for completeness and accuracy.
4. Manage the clarification and exceptions process (through the Project Manager, Supply Chain Director, or other liaison) and / or directly with the client or supplier.
5. Understand contract risks and opportunities and communicate those risks to all stakeholders for inclusion in the overall project risk profile.
6. Communication with upper management as to deviations from business norms within client and supplier contracts and variation orders and the potential impact in those deviations.
7. Potential to negotiate contracts directly with clients and / or suppliers
8. Organize and control all services related purchase orders related to operations, construction, maintenance, and transportation.
Qualifications & personal attributes
Job Specifications and Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a Business discipline.
2. Demonstrated 5-7 years of experience in managing and / or negotiating contracts.
3. Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness, the ability to plan and manage work in an efficient manner, and the ability to work well under stress and time pressures in deadline driven environment.
4. Related experience within a project-based organization and familiarity with change control processes desired but not required.
5. Knowledge of oil and gas contractual terms and provisions desired but not required.
6. Excellent organization and a high level of attention to detail.
7. Skilled in computer use, including the Microsoft Office suite.
8. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.