Contract Management Specialist 1, Grade 18: Eligible for 52.6 transfer by having one year of permanent, competitive service in an appropriate title; or eligible for a lateral transfer, or 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent competitive service in an appropriate title. Appropriate titles include but are not limited to:
Disability Analyst 2, SG-20
Homeless Services Representative, SG-18
Housing Specialist 1, SG-18
Legal Affairs Specialist 2, SG-18
Legal Affairs Specialist 2 (SL), SG-18
Management Specialist 1, SG-18
Management Specialist 1 (SL), SG-18
Program Outreach Specialist 1, SG-18
Temporary Assistance Specialist 1, SG-18
Temporary Assistance Specialist 1 (RIS), SG-18
Senior Accountant, SG-18
Senior Budgeting Analyst, SG-18
Contract Management Specialist Trainee 1, NS: Eligible for Section 70.1 transfer by one year of permanent, competitive service in one an appropriate title. Appropriate titles include but are not limited to:
Administrative Aide, SG-13
Agency Program Aide, SG-13
Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list for Contract Management Specialist 1, Professional Careers Test (PCT) or Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) in Albany.
Note: Candidates who are currently on the eligible list for the Contract Management Specialist 1, PCT or PATT need not submit an application for this posting unless they are applying directly as a result of the transfer qualifications listed above.
The duties that the incumbent of the vacancy will be expected to perform.
Under the direction of a Contract Management Specialist 2, the incumbents will prepare, review, implement, process, and track Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Invitation for Bids (IFBs), and Sole/Single/Preferred source procurements as well as contract amendments. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Additional comments regarding the vacancy.
- Ensure that all procurements conform to OTDA policies and state procurement guidelines/finance law;
- Evaluate proposals received in response to RFPs and IFBs;
- Assist in the drafting and review of contracts and contract amendments;
- Work with State control agencies to obtain approval of procurements;
- Monitor contracts and RFPs to ensure compliance with Minority & Women Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) goals;
- Assist with the implementation of Executive Order 38;
- Ensure Executive Order 38 compliance among contractors;
- Monitor and review contract expenditures and approved spending plans.
Full time, permanent appointments will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointment to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #13-011 when submitting your cover letter or resume for this position.*** If submitting your resume electronically, please reference posting #13-011 as part of your subject line.
StateJobsNY - 18 months ago