The Contract Manager position will have regional responsibility for PPO Professional contracting in Southern California.
- Manages contract negotiations for PPO contracts
- Negotiates high volume and complex contracts and maintain physician relationships to support operational issues and processes
- Participates in system-wide negotiation teams
- Ensures alignment of
goals with strategic priorities
- Supports review and modification of contracting and cost of health care savings strategies in anticipation of, and in response to, shifts in provider and competitor negotiating approaches
- Researches opportunities within the assigned local market (i.e., network expansion opportunities, utilization or unit cost excesses, etc.) and assesses market trends in order to drive initiatives which enhance company's market position
Job Required Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience required
- Three to four years contract negotiations experience with an understanding of provider contract language including provider reimbursement methodologies required
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis required
- Strong analytical skills
- Healthcare industry and provider network knowledge required
- Ability to influence, support change efforts, and communicate collaboratively with physicians, external partners, and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize in order to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Blue Shield of California is committed to remaining a drug-free work place. All positions require a pre-employment background investigation and drug screen. Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to providing...