Contract Manufacturing (CM) Quality Engineer
Suniva, Inc., a leading global high-efficiency solar cell and module manufacture, was recently ranked #2 Top 10 venture-backed Cleantech Companies by The Wall Street Journal. We are currently looking for a Contract Manufacturing (CM) Quality Engineer to manage Quality at our Contract Manufacturer in Portland, OR.
Requirements (do not apply without all):
- Monitor production yield, performance, and quality data; help address or escalate quality issues as they arise
- Lead Quality tcons between CM and Suniva teams, including related report preparation
- Address any module quality issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Conduct regular line audits to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Coordinate site visits for remote support team and external/internal customers.
- Take a lead role to ensure timely disposition for MRB materials and products.
- Develop module quality control plans –incoming inspection, in process checks, outgoing inspection- and ensure that they are implemented and followed
- Module failure analysis –conduct/lead FA activities and work with CM (OEM) team for timely resolution and corrective action
- Facilitate resolution to module supplier quality issue resolution and response to SCAR’s
- Documentation and document control –process instructions, flow charts, standard operating procedures, work instructions, data/spec sheets, etc
- Product change notifications – documentation, implementation, follow up
- Calibration control
- Statistical data analysis and designed experiments –as needed for root-cause analysis, process improvement, etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in a Contract Manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Bachelor of science in Engineering or related quality field is required
- Experience with photovoltaic module manufacturing and testing desired
- Experience with ISO quality standards desired
- Experience with quality management
- Working knowledge of wide variety of quality improvement and statistical data analysis tools –such as FMEA, GR&R, QFD, DOEs, sampling plans & AQL, SPC, Capability analysis, etc- is required.
- Strong background in statistical data analysis and experience with data analysis software is desired (at the minimum, proficiency in computing in Excel required)
Suniva - 2 years ago