Verathon™ - Contract Mechanical Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Contract Mechanical Engineer. This position will be responsible for critical hardware & system development in support of our latest medical devices and products. This experienced Contract Mechanical Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide technical acumen and development for a variety of technologies.
A commitment to program goals and professional demeanor are essential.
Our New Product Development group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies. Prototyping is a core component of our development process.
- Planning, designing, prototyping, analyzing, and testing mechanical assemblies, injection molded parts, precision mechanisms, housings, assembly tooling, and test fixtures for high-reliability and high-performance electronic medical devices and disposables
- Participate in technical reviews, design reviews, design verification testing, design transfer, and pilot production phases
- Complete design documentation, including CAD models, BOM's, material selection, first article inspections
- Complete design transfer to manufacturing including design verification, tooling documentation, assembly instructions, assembly tooling, and acceptance test criteria
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across organization to develop high-quality, high-reliability, regulatory compliant, on-time products that meet business goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BSME or MSME (ABET Accredited) required
- 3+ Years as a Mechanical Engineer prefer 3+ years developing medical products
- Familiar with MS Office, Solid Works (or equivalent) required
- Experience with design of high volume injection molded plastic parts a plus
- Experience in 3D solid modeling, 2D mechanical drafting, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and materials selection
- Experience with Reliability Engineering, HALT, HASS, and environmental testing preferred
- Experience in design transfer and qualification including support of DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ preferred
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, IEC, and ISO standards, regulations, Quality Systems, and Design Control a plus
- Strong commitment to meeting project timing needs
- "team player" with strong interpersonal skills
"Self-starter" who is highly motivated
- Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
- Authorized to work in the United States
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.