Reports To: VP, Human Resources, Complete Genomics
Department: Human Resources
Location: Mountain View, California
Complete Genomics is seeking a Contract Recruiter in Mountain View, CA. The contract recruiter will support hiring for our parent company, BGI, located in Shenzhen, China. This position is a full cycle recruitment role handling all aspects of recruiting from sourcing to offer negotiations. The recruiter must be bilingual in Mandarin and English to partner with BGI HR and hiring managers and build strategic plans to attract top talent in the US for positions located primarily in China. The successful recruiter will be able to navigate and problem solve within the complex relationships of several business units in China and the US. The recruiter will also be innovative in seeking management, professional and university candidates and utilize their expertise and networking skills to support successful talent searches.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements)
- Develop and manage the recruiting strategy and plans to identify and attract qualified candidates, partnering with various stakeholders in the U.S. and China.
- Take initiative to provide innovative solutions to challenges and ensure timeliness and efficiency throughout the search.
- Handle all recruiting aspects including sourcing candidates, job postings, scheduling interviews, leading post interview discussions, managing candidate communications and expectations and negotiating offers.
- Recruit using a variety of techniques including social networking such as Linked In, professional associations, university recruiting, industry events, job boards and employee referrals.
- Understand each business unit’s policies and procedures in the recruitment process.
- Perform other work related duties, as assigned.
BGI-Shenzhen (BGI) is the world’s largest genomics services company based in Shenzhen, China. BGI’s mission is supporting the development of science and technology, building strong research teams, and promoting the development of scientific partnership in the genomics field. BGI includes both private non-profit genomic research institutes and sequencing application commercial units that provide comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical/diagnostic, agricultural and environmental applications.
- Bachelor's degree with a strong performance track record of at least 5 years of HR and/or recruiting experience, preferably in the life sciences industry. University recruiting experience in the U.S. strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in Mandarin and English.
- Strong skills in arranging, maintaining, and using web based recruiting sites.
- Expert skills in interviewing to quickly and accurately assessing candidate’s experience and range of knowledge, skills and level of competence.
- Demonstrated proficiency of understanding cultures and establishing relationships both externally and internally.
- Strong business acumen, partnership and communication skills.
- Ability to ramp up quickly about hiring needs, relevant markets and challenges to attracting talent.
- Ability to quickly acquire strong knowledge of the recruiting policy, procedures and systems for each business unit.
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation, ability to proactively and effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of web-based applicant tracking systems (Taleo, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and calendaring/email systems.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in California and other US locations. Ability to engage in periodic phone conferences with colleagues in China.
- 15% travel required
Complete Genomics, located in Mountain View, California, is a business unit of BGI, joining the BGI family of companies in 2013. Complete Genomics develops proprietary technology and systems to sequence and interpret human genomes. We aim to improve human health by providing genomic information to understand, prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases and conditions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...