This assignment is a temporary position expected to last between 6-8 months. Viewed as the subject matter expert in the sourcing and acquisition of talent for the organization, this position supports the recruitment activity of an assigned client group. Supports the hiring managers and HR Generalists by sourcing the most qualified candidate in an effective and timely manner while maintaining a high degree of customer service focus. Ensures all recruitment practices are in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to equal employment opportunity, immigration, and company policy.
1. Conduct recruitment meetings with hiring managers and HR Generalists to develop the sourcing strategy for assigned job openings.
2. Source both active and passive candidates through a number of means including but not limited to job board resume databases, professional organizations, search engines, LinkedIn and other online social networking sites.
3. Determine when to utilize employment agencies/search firms.
4. Monitor and analyze the successfulness of job boards and adjust the sourcing strategy accordingly. Continually identify new resources to build talent pipelines.
5. Conduct in-depth phone or face-to-face screening to assess job qualifications and overall fit of candidates. Submit pre-screened, pre-qualified candidates to hiring managers.
6. Advise hiring managers on appropriate interviewing and selection techniques and assist in final hiring decision.
7. Track the disposition of candidates through the applicant tracking system.
8. Participate in business meetings and update meetings with hiring managers and HR Generalists as necessary.
9. Participate in career fairs and company sponsored recruiting events as applicable.
10. Facilitate conversations with compensation when required.
11. Work with the hiring manager and HR Generalist in the preparation of offers of employment.
12. Respond to inquiries from PPL employees and applicants pertaining to talent acquisition activities and/or career opportunities.
13. Comply with diversity recruitment practices, labor law requirements, and Affirmative Action guidelines.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or two to four years of HR experience.
2. Effective knowledge of the human resource functions including: Compensation and Benefits, Labor Relations, Staffing and Training and Development.
3. Minimum of three years experience working in a high volume recruitment environment at all levels within the organization.
1. Minimum of three years’ experience working with applicant tracking systems (PeopleSoft preferred).
2. Proven work experience with recruiting strategies including social media and database search
3. Strong client-service orientation and the ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
4. Data analysis and report building experience.
5. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and databases.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
PPL Corporation - 21 months ago
PPL Corporation (PPL) is an energy and utility holding company, which through its subsidiaries, generates electricity from power plants in...