Contract Specialists –Category II
Company Name: Norbeck Technologies
Job Category: Government/Military
Location: Joint Base Langley-Eustis (JBLE), Virginia (VA),
Position Type: Full-Time, Employee
Experience: 10 years required
Required Education Level Level III APDP/DAWIA
Security Clearance: Secret
This position will provide Contract Specialists support to the Joint Base Langley-Eustis (JBLE), Virginia (VA), Langley Air Force Base (AFB) division, at the 633d Contracting Squadron (633 CONS) located in Langley, VA.
Duties of the Contract Specialists and Acquisition SME include, but are not limited to, the following:
- planning the procurement action
- determining the type of contract that best meets the requirement
- selecting solicitation and contract terms and conditions
- determining sources to be solicited
- conducting market research
- determining/documenting price fair and reasonableness or best value determinations
- reviewing and critiquing contract files prior to solicitation and award
- evaluating proposals
- conducting price/cost analysis
- recommending and preparing awards
- monitoring contract performance documentation
- preparing negotiations
- preparing contract modifications
- performing close-out from preparation through completion
- performing post-award follow-ups
- Provides guidance and technical assistance to base personnel who are involved in planning and developing specifications, descriptions, and performance work statements.
- Functions may include acquisition planning, preparing a synopsis, solicitation preparation (oral or written request for quotes, request for proposals), market research/analysis.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for acquisition; analyzes requirements; determines adequacy and completeness of requests.
- Recommends and/or makes revisions to pre-award documents. Recommends or decides on the types of solicitation and contract. Reviews justifications for noncompetitive acquisitions and other required determinations and prepares necessary documentation. Prepares contract files for appropriate reviews.
- Issues solicitations, conducts pre-solicitation conferences, and conducts pre-award conferences and site visits, when applicable.
- Works with technical personnel and contracting officers to develop negotiation strategies.
- Prepares and issues supporting documents.
- Uti lizes the Standard Procureme nt System (SPS) to prepare simplified acquisition award, commercial award and non-commercial award documents to the point of Contracting Officer signature.
- Prepares abstracts; verifies contractor registration in the System for Award Management (SAM), annual representations and certifications, and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS) .
- For negotiated agreements, meets with potential offerors to develop and/or modify requirement statements. Conducts any necessary conferences to discuss, develop, or revise offer received; performs price or cost analysis; develops and effects persuasive acquisition strategies to convince those initially opposed to the acquisition strategy to agree to the contractual positions proposed.
- For negotiated contracts, recommends award and prepares final award documents to the point of Contracting Officer signature to include appropriate clauses and provisions.
- Secures all regulatory clearances.
- Documents reason for decision and justifies basis for award.
- Performs contract administration;
- Maintains contract files,
- Reviews contractor invoices for accuracy,
- Interprets contractor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of contracts and ensures timely submission of progress reports and material submittals.
- Conducts site visits and labor checks for detecting and correcting labor standards violations, taking appropriate action to expedite delivery or performance when required by mission changes.
- Writes justification for additional funds request.
- Prepares contract modifications caused by changes in technical requirements, in quantities, and similar issues. Analyzes price and cost elements of the proposed change(s) and obtains audit when required.
- Prepares negotiation memoranda to explain rationale and methods used in arriving at the final settlement and prepares full documentation for cases requiring formal review.
- Prepares replies to Request for Information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), protests and other inquiries.
- Briefs the Contracting Officer (CO) on potential issues arising on contracts.
- Prepares extensions of delivery schedules, price adjustments, labor hours, modifications to the contract, and similar agreements.
- Prepares determinations and findings of facts relative to negotiations and pricing actions.
- Coordinates contractor's requests for deviations with buying or requiring activities, and makes recommendations.
- Recommends issuing cure or show-cause notices when the contractor is not in compliance with contract provisions.
- Investigates circumstances to determine alternative courses of action, such as extension of delivery schedules for consideration flowing to government.
- Reviews completed official contract files to determine that all file documents are signed, that there are no litigation actions pending, and that the contract is complete in every respect and ready to close.
- Evaluates contractors past performance consistent with terms and conditions of the requirements.
- Documents the award process and briefs offerors on the status of their proposals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Provides business advice and guidance to others on contracting work and prepares correspondence. Represents the interest of the organization in a professional manner in meetings and various contacts outside the agency on a variety of issues that often are not well defined.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to installation technical or program personnel, sales representatives, local suppliers, functional commanders and/or contractors on acquisition and business related issues.
- Assists in providing training to contractors and customers on contractual language, legal responsibilities, and opportunities.
- Prepares letters, memoranda, documents, or reports that support contractual actions or recommendations. Researches and recommends appropriate action or interpretation of issues.
- Updates status reports and briefs contract status when required to the appropriate level within and outside the agency on a routine basis.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: The following requirements are applicable to all personnel. Contractor personnel shall have demonstrated experience and/or technical education in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint is required. Personnel shall be capable of using the Standard Procurement System, Wide Area Work Flow, and the internet. Personnel shall exhibit good communication, briefing and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of acquisition methods and administration, contracting laws, practices, principles, and policies relating to price/cost analysis, negotiations, subcontracts, terminations, pricing, and other strategies and techniques utilized by the Federal Government and/or private sector.
- Knowledge of performance-based service contracting concepts, DOD source selection procedures, strategies and governing rules and regulations.
- Comprehensive k nowledge of acquisition alternatives (e.g., General Service Administration (GSA) Schedules, Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), Full & Open Competition) and experience with acquisitions in a Federal environment.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, to gather information, report findings, make recommendations, and gain consensus among divergent opinions and objectives.
- Ability to address complex procurement related matters and recommend solutions to acquisition challenges.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance on procurement related matters and training related to that information.
- Ability to draft and/or revise policy manuals and other related documents and implement quality control processes to insure accuracy and consistency of deliverables.
- Ability to independently complete difficult and complex assignments; and simultaneously manage, coordinate and pursue multiple, complex projects and activities.
- Full Medical, Dental, Prescription
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave
- Paid Short Term, Long Term disability
Monster - 12 months ago