Department: Westover AFB
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 42-ART-922928-915652-PJ
SALARY RANGE: $52295 to $67978/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 to Tuesday, July 16, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1102-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Westover Air Reserve Base, MA
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Permanent Air Force Employees
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Position subject to random drug testing IAW AFI 44-107
- The primary purpose of this position is: to perform pre-award and post-award functions when they are well defined and well precedent, using common contracting methods and contract types, to procure standard or specialized service, supply, and/or construction items, services and/or materials through formal advertising and negotiation procedures using primarily firm fixed-price contracts.
- Procures and plans acquisitions for standard or specialized items, services, and/or construction contracts where specifications have become standardized and established competitive markets and price competition exist.
- Develops solicitations and evaluates responses.
- Monitors contract performance and assists in contract termination.
- Provides advice and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence.
Applicant must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 hours in business-related courses in any of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (This requirement can be obtained within the degree or in addition to the degree).
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Candidate must have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in one or more of the following: (1) soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts; (2) administering contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions; (3) terminating contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals; (4) analyzing and evaluating cost/price proposals and accounting systems; (5) planning, establishing, or reviewing contracts, programs, policies, or procedures; (6) formulating and administering policies and procedures to insure achievement of socioeconomic goals; (7) developing acquisition strategies and directing or managing procurements; and/or (8) providing functional staff advisory services within the contracting occupation. Duties performed are usually developmental in nature involving few complexities designed to increase skill and knowledge with assignments selected with a view to developing advanced skills. Assignments are usually designed to provide diversified experience as a foundation for future responsibility.
Masters or equivalent graduate degree
(2) full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B., or J.D.
Graduate Education. To qualify for GS-1102-09 positions on the basis of graduate education, applicant must have a Masters Degree that either includes or has in addition to, 24 semester credit hours, or equivalent, of study from an accredited institution of higher education in any of the following disciplines: accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and organization and management.
- Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement: Internal applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-07 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
NOTE: The education requirements listed above apply only to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current members of the armed forces (that apply/self-nominate prior to retirement/separation), and Current DoD employees, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions, are exempt from meeting this basic requirement if: 1) Served as a contracting officer with authority to award or administer contracts in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold on or before 30 September 2000; 2) Served on or before 30 September 2000, in a position as either an employee in the GS-1102 series or as a member of the armed forces in a similar occupation specialty; 3) are a current member of the contingency contracting force.
NOTE: Military members can only be considered for this exemption if they are current employees. Military members are considered to be current if they are a military member at the time they file their application. Your Official Personnel Folder (OPF) must contain transcripts that list the appropriate academic field (e.g., biology, mechanical engineering, economics, sociology, etc.) and all courses you have taken (including those failed) which appear to satisfy the qualification requirements of this position for which you are applying. Education is qualifying only in those instances where the education is directly related to the position being filled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types for contract actions that are well-defined and well-precedented.
2. Knowledge of directly applicable Federal contracting laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of business practices and market conditions as they relate to program and technical requirements to assist customers in developing requirements and to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
4. Ability to perform basic price/cost analysis sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements.
5. Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, present factual information, clearly write procurement memoranda, and draft simple contract provisions and supporting documents.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program . In addition to your take-home pay benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit : All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which must include:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
I f your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
F or qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, July 16, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 922928. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 . All support documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please note: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50
- Transcripts, if qualifying on education or positive education series
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
100 LLOYD STREET
Air Force Acquisition - 12 months ago