Department: Youngstown ARB
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 6N-ART-816994-776345-ACD
SALARY RANGE: $38790 to $61678/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 to Tuesday, January 08, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1102-07/07
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Youngstown, OH
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Status Candidates (Air Force & DOD employees) ONLY
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Must obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance
THIS POSITION IS DEVELOPMENTAL FROM GS-1102-07 TO TARGET GS-1102-09, ENCUMBENT MAY BE PROMOTED TO TARGET GRADE WITHOUT FURTHER COMPETITION, PENDING COMPLETION OF ALL TRAINING AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS ARE MET PRIOR TO PROMOTION.
- Procures and plans acquisitions for standard or specialized items, services, and/or construction contracts where specifications have become standardized and established competitive markets and price competition exist.
- Develops solicitations and evaluates responses. Compiles complete bidders list from qualified applications, knowledge of suppliers, contacts with trade associations, Small Business Administration, or other sources.
- Monitors contract performance and assists in contract termination.
- Provides advise and assistance to others relating to contracting work and prepares correspondence.
- Serves as a functional area Systems Manager/Systems Administrator for the base-contracting stand alone automated data management systems and methodologies to support functional area workload.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees AND at least 24 hours in business-related courses in any of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Currently a member of the Armed Forces (not retired or separated) OR a current DOD employee that meets the following requirements: 1) served as a contracting officer with authority to award or administer in excess of the simplified acquisition threshold on or before 30 September 2000; 2) served, on or before 30 September 2000, in a position as either an employee in the GS-1102 series or as a member of the Armed Forces in a similar occupation specialty; OR, (3) is in the contingency contracting force.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A t least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the next lower grade level in one or more of the following: (1) soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts; (2) administering contracts by assuring compliance with the terms and conditions; (3) terminating contracts by analyzing, negotiating, and settling claims and proposals; (4) analyzing and evaluating cost/price proposals and accounting systems; (5) planning, establishing, or reviewing contracts, programs, policies, or procedures; (6) formulating and administering policies and procedures to insure achievement of socioeconomic goals; (7) developing acquisition strategies and directing or managing procurements; and/or (8) providing functional staff advisory services within the contracting occupation. Duties performed are elementary assignments with strict adherence to clearly detailed and specific instructions or guidelines provided by a higher graded employee. Knowledge required may have been acquired through a pertinent bachelorette educational program or equivalent experience.
Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) based on class standing, grade-point average, or honor society membership. SAA requirements are described at:
Successful completion of one full year of Graduate level education from an accredited university or college. Graduate education must include one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
***NOTE*** Applicant must meet the basic requirements as defined in 10 USC 1724 and as stated in this
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-05 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of directly applicable statutory provisions, regulations, and procedures to be able to perform well defined procurement functions.
2. Knowledge of commonly used contracting methods and contract types sufficient to perform pre-award, post-award, and/or contract price/cost analysis functions when the contract actions are well defined and well precedented.
3. Knowledge of business practices and market conditions as they relate to program and technical requirements to assist customers in developing requirements and to evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and contractor performance.
4. Knowledge of arithmetic pricing practices used in business sufficient to compare prices on recurring types of procurements or to perform basic price analyses.
5. Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques sufficient to negotiate or administer contracts where the contracting actions are well defined.
6. Knowledge of report writing techniques to present factual information clearly, write procurement memoranda, and draft simple contract provisions and supporting documentation.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8 0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, January 08, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 816994. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 .
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire. Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If you are faxing any documents, click here for the official cover sheet to print. The fax number is 478-757-3144
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
- Transcripts, if qualifying based on education or positive education series
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT: Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
3976 King Graves Rd
Air Force Acquisition - 20 months ago