You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us?
Click here to watch short podcasts called Meet Your New Boss ! and Diversity is our Strength
RELOCATION EXPENSES: Relocation expenses are not authorized.
This permanent, full-time position is located in the Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Region 2, Division of Contracting, Albuquerque, NM.
The incumbent will serve as a Contract Specialist for the US Fish & Wildlife Service. As such, the incumbent will be responsible for performing professional work involving the procurement of supplies or services using form advertising or negotiation procedures.
NOTE: This position is also being advertised under Merit Promotion Procedures and is open to status candidates. To be considered under merit promotion procedures, you must submit a separate application and supplemental documentation to vacancy announcement number R2-13-836641-MS-MP.
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of this announcement (including Veterans Preference documentation). KEY REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Citizenship Required
Moderate Background Investigation
One-year probation period DUTIES:
By the closing date of this announcement, you must meet the minimum qualification requirements as outlined in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook and as identified in this announcement below. This handbook can be viewed at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/index.asp .
- Procure supplies or services primarily through formal advertising, or negotiation procedures.
- Review requisitions to determine that proper specifications or descriptions are included in solicitation documents.
- Evaluate bids or proposals for compliance with specifications or purchase descriptions and applicable clauses.
- Administer negotiated and formally advertised contracts assigned, monitor progress of contractors, and prepare change orders.
- Coordinate contracting activities with other Government agencies having interrelated requirements. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You must meet A, B, or C below to meet the basic requirement for the 1102 series.
A. Completion of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelors degree with a major in any field. OR
B. Completion of 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management. OR
C. Continuously employed in the 1102 series since January 1, 2000
In addition to meeting the "Basic Requirements" applicants for the GS-9 grade level must also meet one of the following:
A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized Experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of a Contract Specialist. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: performing assignments involving the use of advertising and negotiation methods; analyzing contract provisions and recommending termination or modification of purchase orders/contracts.
B. I have successfully completed two full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Masters degree, LL.B. or J.D in one or a combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
C. I have a combination of successfully completed graduate level education beyond the first year of progressive graduate study, and specialized experience that together meet the qualification requirements for the position.
In addition to meeting the "Basic Requirements" applicants for the GS-11 grade level must also meet one of the following:
A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-9 level in the federal service. Specialized Experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of a Contract Specialist. Examples of qualifying specialized experience include: performing assignments involving the use of advertising and negotiation methods; analyzing contract provisions and recommending termination or modification of purchase orders/contracts.
B. I have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree.
C. I have a combination of successfully completed graduate level education beyond the first 2 years of progressive graduate study, and specialized experience that together meet the qualification requirements for the position.
Transcripts : You must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial photocopy) to document your educational accomplishments. Failure to submit this documentation by the closing date will result in disqualification from further consideration. Official transcripts will be required if you are selected to fill the position. College transcripts are still required if you currently occupy or previously occupied the series for which you are applying.
Foreign Education: Education completed outside the United States must have been evaluated by a private U.S. organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials, commonly called a credential evaluation service or education that is recognized by the Secretary of Education from an accredited body.
To preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click the following link:
View Occupational Questionnaire
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- A MODERATE background investigation is required for this position.
- Time in grade restrictions apply to the qualification requirements for this position for Federal employees. Your application must clearly provide evidence that you have served (1) year at the next lower grade level by the closing date of this announcement.
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- The work is primarily of an administrative nature in an office setting.
- The work is usually performed in an office setting with periodic visits to the field offices. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
1. Knowledge of formal advertising and negotiated methods of contracting.
2. Knowledge of federal contracting and procurement regulations.
3. Knowledge of cost and price analysis techniques in order to evaluate the reasonableness and costs presented.
4. Ability to accomplish work assignments through effective oral communication with co-workers, managers, and the public.
NOTE: You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verifications. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you rated yourself higher than is supported by your application, or your application is incomplete, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience or you may be considered ineligible. BENEFITS:
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/benefits.asp OTHER INFORMATION:
1. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see
2. If you have special priority selection rights under the Agency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position . To be well-qualified for the position and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 90 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605(a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent Performance Rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible. For more information on CTAP/ICTAP see
3. Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
usajobs.gov - 2 years ago