Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high-quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. For over half a century, Oakwood has expanded into a multi-faceted business catering to a diversified global market. Our valued employees, who make up the Oakwood team, play a critical role in enabling Oakwood to achieve its steady record of success. At Oakwood, we recognize that our employees are vital in fulfilling our mission of delivering world-class service to our internal and external clients alike.
The Contract Specialist’s role is to negotiate and assist in the execution of contracts upon award. They will ensure all contractual documentation is organized, complete, accurate and in compliance with Federal and Oakwood Corporate standards. In this role, the Contract Specialist will provide support for all contractual reviews and audits by the government and commercial customers. They are responsible for tracking and monitoring contract changes and maintaining associated documentation and contract a ccuracy in the CRM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads contract closeout to ensure all corporate and client requirements have been met and all necessary final documentation is complete and submitted timely
- Upon contract award, lead contract reviews and negotiations with the client to ensure the most favorable terms for Oakwood’s business
- Document and Audit Support to ensure all contract documentation is organized, complete, accurate and in compliance with federal requirements and corporate policy
- Develops and maintains all contractual databases and files and implement contracts in the Siebel CRM
- Provide leadership and support to all corporate departments during internal and external contract audits. Specifically, responsible for coordinating and auditing GSA IFF payments and creating applicable documentation.
- Provide technical advice and support to program managers during contract modifications, revisions and reviews
- Writes effective summaries as a proposal briefing tool for management
- Development and execution of NDAs, Teaming Agreements, Subcontracts, and MOUs
- Develops reports and presentations for key stakeholders
- Assesses timelines and resource implications of the customer’s procurement process
- Builds compliance matrices for contract management
- Conducts scheduled internal contract reviews to ensure compliance with federal and corporate policies and procedures
- Provides technical support and advice to all stakeholders regarding contractual matters
- Monitors and reviews FAR policies, procedures and changes to ensure currency of knowledge and compliance with federal contracting policy.
- Provides information to all stakeholders as necessary to support ongoing contracts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and EDUCATION:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Government Contracts Management
- 3+ years experience administrating Federal Government contracts
- 2+ years working knowledge with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- 2+ years working knowledge of GSA contracts, procedures and audit processes
- Knowledge and experience with contract language
- Understands complex customer requirements and needs
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Contract negotiations and modifications experience (preferred)
- DCAA and other federal audit support
- Intermediate to Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool experience (Siebel, SalesForce, etc)
- Previous knowledge and experience in the following industries preferred: High Tech, Lodging, Relocation, Real Estate, and/or Government.
Oakwood Worldwide offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Along with competitive salary, the company offers medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan. Learn more about our company online at www.oakwood.com. Qualified candidates should apply online for immediate consideration.
Oakwood Worldwide - 18 months ago