The primary objective of this position is to support the contract administration, contract review, redlining, return on investment analysis, and other analytical duties of assigned managed care contracts. This position will ensure contract compliance through the review, negotiation and administration of managed care contracts, and respond to customers and the Managed Care field force in a timely manner.
1. Responsible for managing contract administrative functions including but not limited to: 1) correspondence and amendments, 2) managing the contract proposal, review, execution, and amendment processes, 3) reviewing managed care business workbook, and preparing accurate and appropriate contract proposals, 4) preparing contract signatory forms for assigned agreements upon execution, and 5) responding to customers or managed care account executives on contractual questions.
2. Assist in the redlining of managed care agreements as assigned by Director of Managed Care Contracting and assisting managed care in negotiating agreements, ensuring agreements are in line with Purdue policies.
3. Assisting managed care membership group with interpreting contract language and verifying contracts are entered accurately into our CARS or ContractSphere systems with respect to contract compliance and rebate eligibility. Assist Finance rebate group in review of exclusion files and IMS contract summaries.
4. Perform return on investment analysis on managed care accounts through standard models. Ability to create ad-hoc models for those nonconventional analyses. Key metrics shall include, but not be limited to: incremental sales, profitability and share growth or decline assumptions. Collaboration with other groups shall include Finance, Market Strategies and Account Management.
5. Other projects as assigned, such as reporting, maintenance of contract databases, or creation or maintenance of working process or procedure document or manuals.
6. Position may also include responsibility to work with FAMR, Market Strategies, Managed Care and Finance to develop a return on investment analysis model for managed care contracts.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Required Experience & Technical Requirements
Minimum of 4 years work experience in managed care area and/or contract review within the healthcare industry preferred. A minimum of 2 years analytical experience in contract analysis or related area. Ability to build simple to complex models to evaluate projected performance and value of contracts. Familiarity with working cross-functionally in a corporate environment. Must have high comfort level reviewing contractual language, Must be able to work under tight deadlines, with multiple stakeholders, and on multiple tasks concurrently, as well as prioritize effectively Must be able to interpret contracts and have prior negotiating experience. Must have strong understanding of contract analysis and elements that are required for return on investment measurement and what characteristics make for a good deal. Superior business writing and verbal communication skills are required.
Proficient in Outlook, MS Word (particularly document review
and redlining) and MS Excel (ROI model development). Knowledge of SAP, CARS/IS, ContractSphere or other pharmaceutical contract/rebate/membership systems helpful. Market understanding or general understanding of managed care pharmaceutical contracts and the health care and or pharmaceutical industries required.Brief Description/Overview:
Purdue Pharma L.P. and its associated U.S. companies are known for pioneering research on the principal cause of human suffering: chronic pain. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, it is one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical companies in the world today. Purdue Pharma has led the battle against inadequate treatment of pain by developing long-acting pain-control medications that are prescribed by healthcare professionals around the world. As the sponsor of Partners Against Pain, the company provides community outreach and educational programs to encourage the therapeutic alliance of patients, their families, caregivers, and healthcare professionals.
Benefits: Purdue offers a wide range of competitive benefits to all full-time employees. Our benefit package includes a variety of benefit programs to provide for the health, welfare and financial security of our employees and their families.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, M/F/D/V. Corporate standards require pre-employment drug testing and background investigation.
If you are interested in a specific open position, you must apply online by visiting our website at www.purduepharma.com. No hard copy resumes will be considered.
Purdue Pharma L.P. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -