Our innovative storage networking startup client needs a contract Technical Writer to update and augment their draft user’s guide for a new software-defined storage network solution, due to ship in early August.
Their technology brings enhanced versatility, automation, and control to traditional storage area networks (SAN) and network-attached storage (NAS) solutions. The result is highly scalable and flexible storage networks that readily adapt to changing business needs.
The current content is in MS Word, with diagrams in Visio, and there’s no time to switch tools. The UI has changed radically, so you’ll need to take new screenshots and, if possible, reorganize the content to make it more intuitive.
To qualify for this project, you’ll need demonstrable familiarity with storage networking (SAN and NAS), Ethernet, Fiber Channel Optics, and related technology. Cisco and Brocade compete in this space, so if you’d documented their relevant offerings you’d get this client’s attention quickly. A working knowledge of VMware or related virtualization solutions would help a lot too, but isn’t required.
You’ll work entirely offsite, gathering information from engineers and orchestrating review sessions remotely by phone and email. This will be full-time (40 hours/week), remote project for a deliverable due to ship in early August. You’d be paid on a 1099 basis, unless you prefer W2.
- Experience documenting storage networking (NAS, SAN) and related Ethernet and optical technology
- Proficiency with MS Word and Visio
- Full-time, immediate availability
- Sharable, relevant writing samples and reachable references
- Ability to work entirely offsite on your own equipment
To apply :
- Experience documenting storage networking solutions from Cisco and/or Brocade
- Working knowledge of virtualization technology such as that from VMware.
Please visit contentrules.com/apply , citing “CSN-357″ in the Job Code field.
Note : Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.
Content Rules - 8 months ago