Our leading enterprise network management client needs a contract Technical Writer to document how to configure and troubleshoot OSI Layer 2 networking protocols.
You’ll work onsite, flexibly scheduled, in Sunnyvale for the first 3-4 weeks (until you’re fully up-to-speed on the technology and their proprietary structured authoring tool), then can work offsite some more.
You’ll write for network administrators, authoring structured procedural and reference content about configuring data link-layer protocols such as Ethernet, 802.3, token ring/802.5, FDDI, and PPP.
This will be full-time (40 hours/week), initially all-onsite work in Sunnyvale through the June, 2013, with the option of extending for up to another six months. You’d be paid on a W2 basis; 1099 and corp-to-corp aren’t possible for this project.
- Strong technical writing experience in the networking industry
- Working knowledge of one or more OSI Level-2 networking protocols and how network operating systems implement them
- Proven ability to write lucid procedural and reference content about networking technology
- Experience authoring in HTML, XML, or similar markup (tagged) language
- Sharable, relevant writing samples and reachable references
- Full-time availability
- Willingness to work onsite in Sunnyvale, CA (traveling at your own expense)
To apply :
- Proficiency with Arbortext Editor or a similar XML authoring tool
- Experience working at Cisco, Extreme Networks (etc) documenting enterprise networking technology
Please visit contentrules.com/apply , citing “CNP-337″ in the Job Code field.
Note : Content Rules has many content-development opportunities with SF Bay Area technology companies. Visit www.contentrules.com/jobs for details.