Casey Family Programs, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a national operating foundation that provides and improves—and ultimately prevents the need for—foster care. We value a diverse and culturally competent workplace.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will provide companywide strategic, analytical and technical support for business intelligence (BI) activities. The BI analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools, models and prototypes) from which BI applications and solutions are developed. The BI analyst is also heavily involved with the development and successful delivery of BI reports.
% of Time
· Partners with business customers and other stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements; translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements; develops and presents models and prototypes based on requirements using technologies such as jQuery, C#, .Net, Web Services, MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQL Server and SSRS/SSIS/SSAS.
· Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to develop BI applications that have long-term value using industry standard methodologies and techniques. Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions
· Evaluates alternate solutions and design processes and systems including, user impact considerations, cost and benefit analysis and processing specifications
· Helps coordinate the activities of other software engineers and/or vendors/contractors on BI related projects.
· Assures quality deliverables by participating in code reviews, test plan reviews, triage meetings, defect resolution and maintenance efforts.
· Works with Infrastructure department to deploy applications to test, stage, and production environments.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, management information systems or equivalent experience. A Masters degree is preferred. 10+ years experience with enterprise application analysis, design construction, and technical leadership with an emphasis on database structures supporting web applications and architectures.
· Proven track record of partnering with business units to define and prototype business intelligence solutions.
· Demonstrated expertise in most of the following: database architecture, design and development (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Tableau, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and T-SQL); OLAP design and reporting, dimensional database design, data warehousing, and business intelligence.
· Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques; specially architecting complete application solutions using SOA and industry best practices
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data, text, and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; and the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function.
Casey Family Programs - 17 months ago