Local client is looking for a Java Developer. This person will be located in the Phoenix office and this is a contract to hire position.
Java Engineers are responsible for working with all phases of the systems life-cycle of an application development project. The individual must be qualified to code in Java/J2EE. Individual must also have familiarity of databases and database concepts including Sequel (SQL).
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with all phases of the application life-cycle from analysis, coding, providing technological support to customers, testing and implementation.
- Work effectively with users to gather requirements, design and develop applications.
- Gathers detailed user requirements and business process analysis data; conducts functional user interviews to document functional, system, customization, and data requirements and data sources; formulates system concepts and architecture, specifies requirements, and develops implementation approaches.
- Performs code fixes for documented defects, works as part of a collaborative team maintaining and enhancing multiple web applications.
- Provides timely testing harnesses and documentation to support and facilitate the release of a high-quality product. Creates required technical documentation.
- Continuously learns and applies best practices for application superiority and increased application performance while able to write and maintain elegant, maintainable source code.
- Provides technical/engineering support for existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as required.
sologig - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard