Locations: 1 position in Champaign, 1 position in Belleville or Sparta & 1 position in Marion.
The Contractor Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the vendor-based gas construction and inspection crews, the management of their work in accordance with applicable contracts and agreements, and resolution of customer complaints. Additionally, they are responsible to assure that vendor's field supervision enforces all applicable Ameren policy, practices and safety rules, and resolves employee conflicts. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide input to project planning and design.
- Manage, develop, and evaluate contractor crews engaged in the construction, maintenance and inspection of the gas distribution system.
- Provide clear expectations for their performance.
- Schedule, assign, and direct the work in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with the applicable contracts and agreements.
- Monitor and control project budget and schedules to insure that the proper resources are allocated so that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide budgetary cost tracking documentation and construction timeline schedules.
- Document project scope changes and provide project updates to the Divisions as required.
- Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments.
- Consistently enforce safety rules and conduct Job Behavioral Observations with individuals and crews.
- Consistently enforce appropriate corporate policies with contractor crews as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of division and function goals. Identify and implement improvements in division operations to control costs and improve productivity and quality.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Experience: Five or more years journey level experience in gas transmission, distribution, construction, and maintenance required. Experience overseeing Contractor resources preferred. Five or more years as a Gas Supervisor or Quality Assurance Inspector preferred.
Other: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills required. Must have strong communication skills. Project Management skills preferred. Basic knowledge of DOJM systems preferred. After preliminary review, selected applicants who have not already obtained a recommended status on the First Line Supervisor Test will be required take the test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position
Salary: . Date posted: 05/22/2013
PowerPlantPro - 6 months ago