Scope of Position
EDF Renewable Energy, Inc. is seeking a Contract Administrator for its Legal Department. The successful candidate will have solid track record in formation of contracts (e.g., master service agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements), primarily using corporate approved templates; coordinate contract document execution reviewing contract documents and contract language, coordinating often with engineering/construction disciplines, environmental consultants, information technology companies, O&M companies and other contractors/subcontractors. The candidate will assist development, resource assessment, O&M, and IT groups to clearly define the scope of work, payment methods, and scheduling and other job requirements. Candidate shall assist the legal department in reviewing and addressing counterparty contract comments and requested changes. In addition, the candidate will assist the Legal Department with typical paralegal-related duties associated with litigation and corporate governance.
Reports to: General Counsel
Location: San Diego, CA
100% of the time is spent in a normal office environment, utilizing computers, including various Microsoft programs and other office equipment.
• Assist in preparation of contract agreements using corporate approved templates; coordinate subcontract document execution
• Insure legal commercial reviews are completed and necessary comments are adjusted in contract documents; coordinate contract execution
• Assist in drafting contract and subcontract modifications, amendments and scopes of work.
• Coordinate with Company Risk Management Department on contract insurance requirements
• Advise management of contractual rights and obligations and, as needed, provide interpretation of terms and conditions.
• Must be able to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be independent, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, oral and written communication, and organizational skills communicating and negotiating directly with company personnel throughout North America, France and Mexico as well as counterparties.
• Provide direct contract support such as review and approval of contractual documents to ensure protection of company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies.
• Manage the privacy and confidentiality aspects of the contract process from inception to conclusion.
• Support Legal Department in claims and litigation with outside counsel
• Formation of project companies, state registrations, and maintains company formation documents
• Maintain company corporate governance documents (Board minutes, resolutions, board package materials)
• Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
• Collaborates with project managers and program managers to create, negotiate and finalize contractual documents, including Master Service Agreements, Scopes of Work, Change Orders, and Amendments and ensure proper support of administration and proposal preparation.
• On-going proactive involvement with project management in review of project status, including review of contractual status to ensure compliance with contractual terms and milestones and identification of changes in scope in contracts
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
EDF Renewable Energy - 7 months ago
EDF Renewable Energy is a leading U.S. independent power producer with more than 25 years of expertise in the renewable industry, covering...