The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate
throughout the country. Our company is comprised of
Master Planned Communities, Operating Properties,
Strategic Developments and other unique assets spanning
18 states from New York to Hawaii. We are traded on the
New York Stock Exchange as HHC.
We are seeking a Contracts Administrator who will be
responsible for administering consulting agreements,
construction contracts, work orders and purchase orders
for a land sale operation. Responsibilities include
preparing or reviewing contract documents; processing
all invoices related to land development activity;
ensuring contractors are in compliance with state
licensing and insurance regulations; preparing reports
for project management personnel; contract and job cost
account reconciliation and analysis; providing
information for monthly close process; providing
administrative assistance to department director and
miscellaneous special projects as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
to land development. Ensure proper and timely
- Coordinate the preparation of all contracts related
execution in compliance with approval authority
limits per corporate directives.
scope of work.
- Determine type of agreement to be used for specific
job cost coding for all contracts.
- Review and analyze scope of work to determine proper
- Ensure maintenance of database to track contract
documentation requirements for all commitments and
- Oversee collection, enforcement and archiving of
expenditures in comprehensive contract files.
contract, such as business or professional licenses,
- Identify and obtain all documents called for in the
insurance certificates, performance bonds, and
particularly, final unconditional lien releases.
Follow up with vendors to secure proof of renewal as
- Audit, then close and archive inactive or completed
- Enter commitments into JD Edwards Contract
and ensure adequacy and accuracy of all necessary
- Upon receipt of invoices, verify invoice extensions
supporting documents, in particular, lien releases.
vendor to expedite payment processing.
- Resolve invoicing errors with project managers and
ensure proper accounting and job cost coding.
- Review and analyze invoices prior to payment to
commitment in JD Edwards.
- Reconcile invoice requests against approved
- Verify and/or obtain approval signatures for
per corporate directives. Ensure appropriate
- Maintain compliance with approval authority limits
approvals exist on all invoice packages.
- Create vouchers in JD Edwards for invoices.
- Ensure invoices are paid within limits of contract
provided by contractors for themselves and all
- Ensure Final Unconditional Lien Releases are
subcontractors and suppliers before releasing final
and management regarding the status of vendor
- Respond to inquiries from contractors, development
payments and commitments.
and assist Manager of Development Accounting in
- Input invoices received into invoice log worksheet
producing 12 week rolling cash report.
accrual information to Corporate Accounting for
- Using invoice log worksheet, provide quarterly
reporting to monthly accounting.
contract activity as requested by project management
- Create, update and publish ad-hoc reports on
documentation for MUD/WCID reimbursements requests.
- Assist in the coordination of all required
process with minimal supervision to determine
- Exhibit an enhanced understanding of the development
related contracting and accounting requirements.
internal audit guidelines to make certain they are
- Monitor department's processing procedures and
adhered to and followed.
external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual
- Assist in fulfilling requirements of internal and
- Provide administrative support to Director,
consultants, contractors and internal parties.
- Serve as goodwill ambassador with vendors,
Manager of Accounting with budget preparation,
- Perform other duties as necessary to assist the
updates, reporting and reconciliations.
within a real estate development and/or construction
- 4-6 years experience in administering contracts
(i.e. lien releases and AIA forms) a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of construction documentation
and job cost system.
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards contract management
in the use of control procedures is desired.
- Knowledge of contract administration and experience
quickly recognize problems.
- Ability to determine and recognize quality and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interact effectively as part of a team.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and
at all levels within the organization.
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and
applications: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in 2007 or 2010 MS Office
Education, Certifications and Licenses:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
Offer Relocation : No