February 13, 2013
Sunrise C o mpan y , a r esidential community dev e lope r , is seeking a Purchasing Contracts Administrator at Toscana Country Club in Indian Wells, CA.
This position w ork s closely with the Vice President of Operations to assist with the day-to-day efficient and effective performance of purchasing operations including, the bid process, contract administration, buyer upgrade administration, field purchase order administration and trade/subcontractor insurance compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with streamlining and standardizing operational processes to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the purchasing function.
- Assists in implementing value engineering and estimating processes to reduce costs.
- Procures multiple bids for all onsite trades and options.
- Prepares bid packages, to include scopes of work, plans and other related data necessary to provide a complete and competitive bid.
- Prepares bid/proposal analysis for review by the Vice President Operations.
- Assists in collaborating with Accounting, Construction and Design Center in the review of bids/proposal analysis.
- Prepares all change orders, contracts and work orders.
- Meets with subcontractors to clarify contract issues as directed by the Vice President Operations.
- Acts as liaison with field superintendents to ensure timely production scheduling.
- Assists in continuous research of cost saving alternatives to the assumptions presented in the direct construction cost estimates.
- Participates in weekly Purchasing meetings to foster communication and teamwork.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
About Sunrise Company
- Qualified candidate must have a minimum of 3 years- experience in bid preparation, compiling data for estimates and maintaining contract information.
- Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office, E xcel and W ord.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, subcontractors and to other company personnel
- Working knowledge of Integrated Homebuilding Management System (IHMS) is a plus
For more than 40 years, Sunrise Company has been developing master-planned, golf course communities in the Palm Springs , California desert resort area and across the Western United States . Today, Sunrise Company is one of the nation’s most respected residential and country club community developers. Sunrise Company’s record of achievement includes 12 golf course communities, more than 13,000 homes, two resort hotels and numerous office buildings, shopping centers and commercial hotels.
In contrast to most community developers, Sunrise Company builds the homes in its communities in addition to designing and operating the club facilities. This allows Sunrise to control the design and quality of the homes and provides its residents and members with an integrated lifestyle-focused experience.
As a home builder, Sunrise Company has won numerous awards for architectural and design excellence including one of the highest industry accolades with the National Housing Quality Silver Award for Commitment to Quality.
With its extensive legacy of successful golf community development and the longevity of the senior management team, who average 15 years with the Company, Sunrise Company is the one of the most successful and experienced community developers in the United States .
At Sunrise Company, good people are recognized as its most valuable asset, and the key to its success. The “Prerequisites to a Successful Employment Relationship” is an important component of the Sunrise Company corporate culture, which has cultivated such an outstanding and loyal team.
The company offers a competitive compensation package including benefits. Send confidential resume, salary hi story and salary requirements . No phone calls.
Career Level Required
High school diploma or general education degree
l Page 2