Exp is searching for a Contracts Administrator to support our Energy Services project office in either Houston or Tallahassee, FL. This position will be r esponsible for negotiation and commercial execution of various contracts entered into by exp . The position assists in ensuring that contracts are negotiated in the context of exp 's other obligations and will bring commerciality and risk management to the creation and execution of contracts. Initially assists and ultimately leads negotiations at the pre-contract stage with support of relevant technical personnel. Supports project managers in relation to issues during project execution. Also provides lead role in resolving client’s claims and variations to contract.
Principle Areas of Responsibility:
• Commercial viability of contracts
• Ensuring that contracts are adhered to by all parties concerned Collaboration with Project Core Teams to develop contracting and risk mitigation strategies for projects.
• Ensuring compliance with internal business procedures and regulations
• Timely execution of contracts.
• Assist in the development of Contract Administration procedures.
• Contract negotiation - must be able to address basic legal, technical and commercial concepts and handle potential conflicts between companies.
• Drafting contract provisions (terms and conditions, technical and commercial provisions) in a clear and concise manner.
• Maintaining / enhancing business relationships with clients and subcontractors.
• Creating appropriate contracting strategies that maximize the potential for a successful project turn out.
• Liaising/ interfacing with legal, insurance, commercial, project management, and operations functions.
• Minimize claims / change orders from subcontractors.
• Managing change orders to clients.
• Ensuring Project Managers are aware and accepting of contractual obligations.
• Ensuring subcontractor invoices are in compliance with contractual obligations.
The Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities We Seek:
•Bachelor's degree or Associates degree or certification as paralegal.
•2-5 years’ experience.
•Knowledge of the law as it pertains to different types of contracts.
•Ability to interpret contracts for supply chain management.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
•Ability to document existing and new processes.
•Ability to maintain a filing system and accurate records.
•Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
•Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
•Knowledge of office practices, procedures and etiquette.
•Intermediate to advanced skill in utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
•Skill in preparing clear and concise reports, procedures, correspondences, and other written materials.
Tests & Exams :
•Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check
•Successful completion of a pre-employment driver’s history check
•Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test