The Contracts Associate (CA) will be responsible for supporting Experitec’s General Counsel (GC) in the effective administration of commercial contracts. The CA will take responsibility for tracking, supporting and following up on all aspects of the contract negotiation and addendum approval process both internally and with customers to ensure that deadlines are met. In addition to independently managing the process, the CA will be responsible for clearly communicating all issues to GC in a timely fashion. The Contracts Associate will also be responsible for the drug testing process with minimal oversight and assist with the safety and compliance program by developing, formalizing, communicating, implementing and continuously improving compliance processes that facilitate excellence in our collective performance relative to commercial interactions with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
Corporate (Experitec) Responsibilities:
- Responds to customers in a timely and professional manner regarding contract negotiations
- Provides regular and accurate updates to customers regarding the status of contract negotiation and compliance documents
- Sends compliance related documents to customers upon request (e.g. certificates of insurance, vendor qualification forms, safety questionnaires, etc.)
- Works directly with the customer on small scale contract negotiations and issues attempting to resolve without escalation to contract negotiation
- Develops a list of all customer legal related contacts for future reference and use.
- Upon contract review request, obtains all information necessary for the GC to review the contract document from Account Managers (AM), inside sales resources, and Sales Managers (SM).
- Assumes responsibility for all contract and compliance deadlines managing and coordinating the GC, SM and AM as appropriate, scheduling meetings, and completing documents to ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Provides regular, consistent, and clear communications to SM and AM relating to contract status, updates, and progress.
- Develops and maintains a detailed timeline and summary of contract deadlines, status/progress, and updates the summary to include follow-up with all points of contact in the approval process.
- Works with the Finance department, as required, to obtain required compliance related documents (e.g. letters of credit, bond requests, etc)
- Submits requests to our Insurance representative for certificates of insurance or review insurance provisions in contracts
- Understand Experitec's and our Principal's key differentiation and value proposition to our customers.
- Learns and understands the legal relationships between Experitec and our Principals (Emerson in particular) and recognizes how the relationship impacts contract negotiation and compliance.
- Complete required compliance documents related to our Principals.
- Maintain accurate records and files on contracts with our Principals and update as required by contract.
- Communicate, when required, with the appropriate Principal contact relating to customers negotiations occurring directly with our Principals.
- Provides support to GC by determining the priority and next steps for all incoming contracts.
- Manages incoming requests for contract review by determining contract type and when appropriate: creates addendums, or routes to sales resources, and/or obtains review by the GC
- Responsible for preparation of contract documents and review of customer changes upon receipt
- Assists with developing an Experitec compliance program for both legal and safety related issues including management of a drug testing program
- Manages and tracks the company-wide drug testing program and process ensuring compliance with all government and customer based requirements
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills)
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- None; paralegal certification a plus
Additional Required Knowledge:
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience implementing, working with and improving utilization of ERP, CRM and similar core business systems and related processes
Additional Preferred Knowledge:
- Analytical-Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely and independent manner
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working with legal documents or contracts
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations and experience with safety compliance
Experitec - 11 months ago
Experitec offers a complete range of products and services to meet any process control challenge. For more than 30 years, Experitec formerly...