Negotiates, structures, and manages contractual documents that establish and/or renew business relationships with customers and/or partners. Reviews and approves documents for protection of the company’s contractual posture and adherence to company policy. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
• Draft, negotiate and finalize contractual documents.
• Work with sales and service teams as well as legal counsel to identify areas of risk and recommend ways to mitigate in the contract.
• Review contracts to ensure compliance to company policy specifications and other requirements.
• Participate in Department meetings developing solutions to contractual issues and contract administration challenges.
• Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both in writing and verbally to all levels of the organization as well as external customers, including executives and attorneys.
• Knowledge of contract law, UCC and industry best practices.
• Demonstrable successful negotiation experience.
• Demonstrable successful international experience (travel and business dealings).
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Excellent skills in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel (pivot tables/charts and formulas), Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
• High degree of problem solving capability, and ability to understand and negotiate complex issues.
• Understanding of multiple cultures and negotiating styles (European, Middle Eastern and Far East).
• Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
• Resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of variable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Normally receives minimal instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of related contracts writing and negotiation experience.
• Experience in the commercial avionics industry highly desirable.
• Ability to travel to domestic and international locations up to 10% of the time.
Panasonic - 21 months ago