SUMMARY OF ROLE: To provide contractual and business support to operations and corporate levels; review and analysis of contract requirements to determine contractual obligations; provide continual review and administration to ensure that all terms and conditions are met; ensure that any problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
Travel for the position will be limited.
OUTLINE OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prime interface with the Contracting Officer and subcontractors
- Reviews complex solicitations and prepares specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids and contracts and contract modifications.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver in leading all phases of the acquisition cycle
- Provide advisory assistance for any new request for proposal (RFP)/ request for quotation (RFQ) activities
- Prepare and draft request for proposals, subcontract agreements, task orders and modifications.
- Able to provide leadership in pricing and pricing strategy
- Review RFP/RFQ for risk assessment
- Provide advice for teaming strategies
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate NonDisclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements and Subcontracts
- Significant knowledge of government acquisition laws, regulations and guidelines including FAR/DFARS, GSA federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts, supplemental regulations of government agencies. Able to provide interpretation, guidance and risk assessment to management on matters of a contractual nature.
- Possess strong skills in organizing, and managing time across multiple tasks and customer needs; capable of working independently. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers. Excellent communications skills to generate and present briefings to senior leadership.
- Experience in audits, pricing, disclosure assessment, proposal and rate development, negotiation of contract terms
- Monitor contract cost performance; address notification of funding limitations; coordinate pursuit of new funding with the internal team. Research and resolve contract/subcontract issues, disputes, terms/conditions, etc.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracts and purchasing policies. Individual will be an advocate for business process improvement - developing, implementing and documenting necessary policies and procedures
- Position will work as required with other functional areas to ensure that strategy, growth initiatives, budgets, schedules, compliance, quality and performance requirements are met.
- Position may manage staff
o BS in Business Administration (or related field) with 12 or more years of Contract Administration experience with a Government Contractor. Accounting or Finance related degree
o Desired professional certifications: NCMA, NAPM
o 12 years of and experience with Government contracting with Performance Based Contracts and IDIQ vehicles for FFP, T&M, CPFF, and CPAF type orders
o Comprehensive knowledge of contracts/procurement processes & procedures.
o Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal technical, management and administrative staff, as well as external customers.
o Highly motivated, problem-solving, multi-tasking individual who works well in a fast-paced dynamic environment is essential.
o Experience with development of complex spreadsheets required.
o Experience with Deltek Costpoint is preferred
o Proficient in all MS office products
o Managed staff
ActioNet, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard