We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to support the Legal Department and Alternative Delivery/Design-Build practice group with preparation, reviewing and revising contracts during the various stages of Brown and Caldwell’s alternative delivery projects. This position may be staffed out of our Walnut Creek, CA or Andover, MA office. Work will include review and advice related to client contracts, negotiation, prequalification of and administrative management of subcontractors, assistance with the preparation and administration of Change Orders, monitoring lien releases and general contract administration duties in a fast-paced environment in the premier growth area of the company. The ideal candidate would have contract review, negotiation and administration experience in the water and wastewater construction industry.
- Work closely with General Counsel, Senior Counsel and Legal Department to keep informed of significant developments in project administration, seeking advice and assistance where appropriate.
- Work closely with Senior Managers of Construction/Alternate Delivery Practice Group and maintain a high level of responsiveness, keeping internal clients informed by maintaining contact, arranging conference calls and communicating project contract progress.
- Review private and public sector client contracts and advise internal clients on acceptable terms, negotiate and administer complex contracts with clients, prime contractors and subcontractors for various alternative delivery projects, including Design/Build, Construction Manager at Risk and turnkey remediation..
- Draft and assist project managers in negotiating subcontracts, ensuring compliance with prime contract terms and conditions, including flow-down requirements.
- Maintain a continuing review of the progress of each client contract and subcontract and updating Brown and Caldwell project management database.
- Coordinate with project staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract and subcontract performance and administration, and other major matters.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manage company contractor licenses.
- Extensive Experience in Contract and Subcontract Development and Administration, including working knowledge of industry standard contracts (e.g. DBIA, EJCDC) in the water/wastewater industry, Working Knowledge of Engineering/Construction Industry Contracting Practices, Contract Management, Research Skills, Basic Knowledge of Legal Concepts relating to Contracts, Client Relationships, Organization, Planning, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Dependability, Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
Brown and Caldwell - 6 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...