Everbridge is seeking a Contracts Manager who has the drive to support a high volume of sales related contracts, NDAs and RFPs in this fast growing technology company. As the second member of the legal department you will also have the opportunity to work on a broad range of legal projects to support our expanding company, including global policy development, corporate governance and compliance, intellectual property, employment, and strategic transactions. The position will provide the right candidate a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the legal department with opportunity for significant growth, including potential to be promoted to a counsel role (for licensed attorneys) within first year of employment.
Specific duties will include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Review, revise and negotiate NDAs, customer related agreements and RFPs
- Draft, review and revise other company contracts, ranging from intellectual property licenses, to leases, and consulting agreements
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve contractual and other customer issues
- Provide overall legal support to sales team and companywide
- Assist with implementing additional legal processes to support the legal department’s expanding role within the company
- Excellent contract drafting and/or legal writing.
- Sound understanding of commercial contracts and general business and legal practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as a team member and contribute to the overall success of a team as well as work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Any contracts management system experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Paralegal, Contracts Manager or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal certificate, legal education or equivalent strongly preferred.