STRUCTURAL collaborates with clients to improve infrastructure by combining our award-winning specialty construction, repair and maintenance services with our proprietary technologies to provide innovative solutions for demanding engineering and construction challenges. With over 35 years of success in the industry, we have earned recognition as one of the construction industry’s leading specialty contractors, ranking in the top 30 of Engineering News-Record (ENR) magazine’s list of the Top 600 Specialty Contractors. With locations nationwide and in select international markets, we serve the commercial, public / government, industrial, energy and transportation markets.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Contract Manager to support our business needs, this position will be based in our Chicago Area office which is located in Elgin, IL. As a Contract Manager for STRUCTURAL, you will be accountable for supporting contract management needs for STRUCTURAL business lines. The Contract Manager will effectively manage multiple contract assignments simultaneously and will include reviewing, evaluating, modifying, and negotiating prime contracts and subcontract documents with external customers.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for this position:
- Communicating and collaborating with internal and external customers
- Assisting Business Development and Estimating personnel with proposal preparation and reviewing bid documents
- Drafting standard legal documents to include subcontracts, waivers, purchase orders, etc…
- Identifying risks and issues with contract documents
- Assessing terms and conditions on all assigned contracts
Our ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study
- Minimum of 7 years in contract management to include drafting, revision and negotiation of construction contracts and subcontracts
- Prior experience working for a construction company in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with all levels of management
- Proven proficiency with MS Office applications
- Local and overnight travel will be required approximately 5% of the time
STRUCTURAL is committed to a Safety 24/7 culture and offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid holidays & vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
Structural Group - 14 months ago