Job Title: Contracts Specialist
Location: Golden, CO
Type: Full-Time Position; Full Benefits Offered
SDSE has an opening for a Contracts Specialist to work on site at their office location with the Department of Energy (DOE) located in Golden, Colorado. The purpose of the position is to provide support to DOE by performing a variety of contract and procurement functions. This position reports to the Program Manager.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Support the acquisition department in the preparation and drafting of pre-award documents including, but not limited to, the following: acquisition planning documents, small business set-aside determinations, determinations and findings, request for information and draft solicitations, and posting to Government acquisition systems such as Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) and GSA E-Buy.
- Prepare documents and save them in the designated network drive and be able to upload and accomplish work as necessary using the DOE Strategic Integrated Procurement Enterprise System (STRIPES).
- Assist with preparation of Government negotiation documentation, cost and price analysis memoranda, source selection documentation, price negotiation memoranda, contract/order/agreements, general correspondence, and related documentation.
- Perform a variety of system administration tasks including but not limited to data entry and validation of data within STRIPES and other procurement related systems such as FedConnect.gov, Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS), Electronic Sub Contractor Reporting System (eSRS).
- Develop and/or maintain pertinent spreadsheets and data bases for the purpose of tracking award actions/activities to fulfill management reporting requirements.
- Perform award closeout activities, including obtaining and reviewing closeout documents such as final invoices, COR acceptance of goods/services, final indirect rates, and property clearances.
- Work with program, contracting officers, and accounting personnel to gather all necessary information required for procurement closeout and to determine whether award may be closed or if additional work needs to be completed to close award. Analyze each procurement to determine the unique closeout requirement and applicable closeout procedures. Review and propose changes to closeout packages and prepare all procurements for closeout for the Contracting Officer’s signature.
- Assist acquisition team members with data gathering and research, organize data and project documents, and assist with the development of deliverables.
- Conduct, file and document research, manage team databases and knowledge repositories, and gather data from multiple procurement systems.
- Ensure all contract closeout activities are executed in accordance with the applicable closeout regulations and guidelines.
- Negotiating the terms of the award from the DOE to the recipient, including documentation
- Drafting pre-award documents (Grants, Cooperative Agreements and Contracts)
- Drafting post-award documents (Grants, Cooperative Agreements and Contracts)
- Drafting award closeout documents
- Maintaining and updating all applicable tracking spreadsheets and databases
- Participating as a team member with other tasks as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting FAC-C Level 1 required; FAC-C Level 2 preferred
- 3+ years of experience specializing in government contracts, procurement, and/or acquisition activities
- Must have working knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations, and associated OMB Circulars related to Financial Assistance management, and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) associated with federal contract and purchase orders
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with all stakeholders, including Government Staff and SDSE team members
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrated Customer Services skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with the STRIPES procurement system highly preferred, but not required
- Advanced Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Ability to multitask and move between tasks with minimal down time
- Planning and organizational skills sufficient to carry out assignments independently
- Must be able to pass a background check
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 250 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.