The Control Analyst in the Capital Group Private Client Services (PCS) group plays a central role in the oversight process for the accounting, operations and reporting function for PCS accounts. As most of these functions have been outsourced, the Control Analyst serves as a liaison between various Capital Group departments and external vendors. We have an opening on the Results team within the Oversight group. This Control Analyst is expected to:
1) On a daily basis, review various reconciliation reports using Access, Excel and various other internal and external systems, and determine appropriate action to resolve any exceptions.
2) Review High Net Worth client-facing reports for accurate presentation of separately managed portfolios and pooled vehicle (i.e.: mutual funds) investment results and attribution.
3) Recognize, analyze, respond and resolve a wide variety of investment results and portfolio characteristics issues, inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
4) Manage multiple and competing priorities and deadlines, while maintaining a high level of accuracy or quality of work.
5) Gather, calculate and/or audit portfolio and benchmark results, analytics and attribution data for portfolios and GIPS composites.
6) Compile, review and publish investment results and related portfolio characteristics data to internal senior business leaders, and well as numerous external search and consultant databases.
7) Create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
8) Communicate with internal associates and external vendors to conduct reviews or instruct corrections, and oversee their timeliness and accuracy.
9) Without prompting, identify and/or implement process improvements and update existing, as well as create new, procedure documents and job aids.
10) Perform additional project work as assigned. Hiring Criteria 1) Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and strong attention to detail in areas of high complexity while managing multiple requests.
2) Strong analytical, judgment and problem-solving abilities, numeric/quantitative skills, comfort with formulas, mathematical concepts, investment results and risk measures.
3) Learning agility and display comfort in the practical application of complex concepts and multi-step processes.
4) Strong organization, prioritization, self-management and follow-through skills.
5) The ability to quickly assess situations and coordinate resources and information effectively, in order to resolve issues timely and with minimal impact to our clients.
6) Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and/or Access.
7) The ability to create positive professional business relationships with internal associates and external vendors.
8) The ability to work independently, as well as with others in a collaborative environment.
9) Effective verbal and written communication/presentation skills with internal associates and external vendors who have varying levels of knowledge and understanding.
10) General knowledge of investments, finance, operations and investment results measurement methodologies is preferred, but not required.
11) College degree required. Preferred degree in Business, Accounting or Finance. College degree with related experience will be considered.
12) A minimum of two years of financial services industry experience is desired.
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...