Key Responsibilities/Duties: The Control Center Manage is responsible for all day-to-day oversight of control center operations for SF Paratransit including overseeing all control center personnel and their performance, managing all control center work shifts, establishment of prompt and courteous call handling procedures, establishing respectful communications protocols between dispatchers and drivers and all employees and riders and is also responsible for working with Administrative office personnel to ensure appropriate complaint responses and resolutions and working with service provider personnel to ascertain proper route design that is efficient but responsive to riders. The Control Center Manager takes responsibility for the full and proper functioning of the control center including call center, dispatch functions, route development and service quality assurance.
General Tasks/Duties: Key duties and tasks include:
- Recruiting and hiring qualified personnel
- Ensuring proper training of all personnel
- Monitoring employee performance through the use of key indicators and reporting systems including IT reports
- Managing a 24/7 call center including rider reservations and “where’s my ride” operations including overseeing all call center performance indicators are met
- Promotes and ensures acceptance of feedback from drivers on routes and passenger feedback on service quality and ensures all input is properly synthesized to bring about service quality improvement
- Fosters a cooperative and friendly workplace including proper compliance with collective bargaining agreements, promoting safety, respect and cooperation at all times
- Fosters a safe and professional work environment
- Produces necessary reports and generates appropriate data to management, SFMTA and others in a timely manner as requested
- Participates in Brokerage Management Team meetings and works collaboratively to achieve stated goals
- Ensures compliance by all employees with Veolia health and safety work rules
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: The ideal candidate will have a BA, BS or BBA from a four-year accredited college or university in transportation, business management, business administration, computer science or related field. Other 4 year degree programs will also be considered. In lieu of a 4 year college degree, qualified candidates must have a high school diploma and progressively responsible experience in a public transit environment. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and experience in working in a fast-paced paratransit operating environment serving the public with a history of increasing responsibilities. Must have experience and ability in coaching, supervising and guiding direct reports. Candidate shall possess working knowledge of the transportation requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (as amended) and other related legislation and regulations. Experience working with the elderly and disabled a must.
Work Environment: Ninety-five percent (95%) of the work performed in the capacity of this position is in a professional office environment that is clean, well lit, and in compliance with the ADA’s Architectural Standards. Minimal lifting is required and never any more than twenty-five (25) pounds. The remaining five percent (5%) level of work may be performed off-site but never in unsafe or hazardous surroundings. The office is environmentally friendly and neither smoking nor artificial scents are permitted in the work environment.
Work Schedule: Position is full-time, mostly Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, but candidate will be responsible for a 7-day, 24 hour control center and must be flexible and able to work non-traditional business days and hours including early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and some holidays.
Transdev - 30+ days ago
Transdev is a leading public transport company, delivering high quality transport services around the world.
Our teams use our wealth of...