Our Employees Make a Difference
NextEra Energy is a leading clean energy company. Our 15,000 employees, located in 26 states, Canada and Spain, provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customers. We are North America’s top producer of energy from the wind and the sun, with a greenhouse gas emissions rate among the lowest of any large power company.
- One of the largest and cleanest power companies in the nation
- The leading renewable energy provider in the United States
- No. 1 in its sector in Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies listing for seven straight years
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index of leading companies for corporate sustainability for last three years
- A leader and innovator in employee health and well-being
A Leader in Clean Energy
In the competitive energy business, NextEra Energy Resources stands for clean energy. We have invested – and will continue to invest – in a clean-energy tomorrow for future generations. Our expertise is in wholesale and retail electricity and project development and construction, as well as in offering customers the energy products and services they need.
Ability to perform as the outside operator or Control Room Operator (CRO) during startup, shut down and steady state operations in a combined cycle power plant.
- Largest generator of wind and solar power in North America
- More than 125 facilities in operation in 24 states and Canada
- Approximately 95 percent of our electricity comes from clean or renewable sources
Be fully proficient in at least one of the following disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical or I&C.
Have the ability to learn and operate existing and new power generation systems utilizing procedures and drawings.
Executes equipment tag outs as required under the direction of the Shift Production Technician Leader.
Monitors the site equipment performance to accomplish the following: determine operating characteristics, identify equipment deficiencies, take necessary actions to prevent or limit failure, optimize efficiency, identify root cause of failure and implement countermeasures to eliminate failures in the future.
Must be able to read and understand technical manuals, P&ID’s, electrical schematics and control logic (SAMA) diagrams.
Must have a strong desire to continue developing and utilizing multiple skill sets.
Responsibilities include coordinating of the following maintenance activities; repairs, installation, calibration and supervision of contractors.
Performs preventative maintenance, reliability checks and general maintenance on plant equipment.
High School/GED or 2-5 years relevant duties experience
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Technical / Functional Excellence: New/Learning;Effective Written Communications: Competent;Effective Verbal Communications: Competent;Safety Policy and Practice: Competent;
Rotating twelve (12) hour shift schedule
NextEra Energy, Inc.
- 11 months ago - save job