Job Title: Control Systems Engineer
The United Controls Group (UCG) provides control system solutions for the global energy market. Our success in this market continues to create opportunities for talented individuals who
have a passion for excellence.
We have an immediate opening for a Control Systems Engineer. The Control Systems Engineer contributes to the company in the following areas:
1. Design of control system hardware including bills of material, outline, schematic, and assembly drawings on various controls platforms.
2. Programming of PLC’s and assisting with the development and testing of HMI applications.
3. Development of logic flow diagrams, alarm/trip summaries, hardware and software test procedures, and associated documentation.
4. Control system testing and troubleshooting at our shop, local panel shops, and in the field as required to support the projects.
5. Manage control system projects to maintain excellent customer relationships and meet internal/external targets for schedule and cost.
6. Interface with clients and vendors to assure that various aspects of the projects are progressing, and ability to solve any problems that may arise.
7. Participate in a positive team environment to effectively communicate project status, commercial/technical issues, and share information among peers.
8. Develop and/or revise internal processes to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the company.
9. Direct and train less experienced team members when required.
10. Provide sales support and assistance in preparing sales proposals.
11. Must be self-directed and able to complete tasks as part of a team environment or independently.
12. 1Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to support customer interface startup/commissioning work.
Requirements: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Entry Level, 0-4 years’ experience, Experience with PLC based control systems. Experience with gas compressors, rotating machinery, and/or electrical power generation is a plus.
Office Location: Mount Vernon, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio
UCG specializes in critical control systems for large reciprocating engines and gas turbines used for gas compression and electric power generation. Working together, our education,
skills, and experience have formed a unique team of talented professionals.
If you are interested in joining the UCG team, we invite you to submit your resume and/or contact us for more information.
United Controls Group - 5 months ago