The Plant Controller will be responsible for managing the overall finances of a $1+ billion expansion project at the Chocolate Bayou Plant in Alvin, TX.
Company is a rapidly growing global leader in proprietary technologies that are essential to the production of nylon, plastics and synthetic fibers found in commercial and industrial products and we are seeking a Plant Controller with leadership capabilities to join our strong and competent team of industry professionals.
1. As a member of the Site/Project leadership team, partner with the Site/Project Manager and leadership team to identify and resolve key issues and constraints facing the facility as well as identify new opportunities and implement actions on an ongoing basis.
2. Manage and lead the site/project finance team and continuously develop their skills and experiences.
3. Partner with site leaders to achieve annual financial metrics including but not limited to project spending, capital spending, inventory, productivity, and others.
4. Assist as needed to provide financial reporting and guidance with key leadership and external partners.
5. Lead the monthly closing and forecast process and provide detailed variance analysis.
6. Lead the site annual operating plan process.
7. Lead the site annual physical inventory process as required and ensure no significant inventory variance each calendar year.
8. Establish a control environment on site that complies with all company and external agency requirements.
9. Coordinate with the internal and external auditors on an as needed basis.
10. Insure contract compliance with Guest Operations and monitor, report, and control all related activities.
11. Ad hoc and special projects as required.
The qualifications and criteria are:
Actually need TWO of these filled. One is as the description states above and the other is for a more "Plant Operations" type Controller.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- 15+ years of experience in accounting, financial planning, cost accounting, and controls
- Manufacturing and petro-chemical experience required
- Prior experience as a plant controller
- Experience in managing a large capital projects is highly desired
- Strong analytical and problem skills
- Proven track record of results and ability to partner with others
- Demonstrated use of collaboration and indirect influence skills
- Sarbanes Oxley experience required
- Strong systems and personal computer skills required
The company can look and will look at "contract" Controllers as well. This would be an excellent opportunity for a candidate to come in and test drive the job as well as for the company to test drive the candidate............
Must be able to work in USA with no sponsorship.
Monster - 4 months ago