Controller, Liquid Pipeline-0002SY
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products and its affiliates have over 6,500 employees. Enterprise's large integrated, geographical portfolio of assets provides multiple opportunities to grow through internal growth projects and through acquisitions. Enterprise service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing for crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and refined products. To maximize the value of its interests, Enterprise's team utilizes an array of options that provides innovative solutions to create growth opportunities for the partnership and build value for investors. Energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products through exciting new growth areas, developing markets and innovative ways to provide energy solutions to customers.
Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.
The Liquid Pipeline Controller has responsibilites to include, but not limited to:
- Receive on-the-job training; working along side various Control personnel.
- The training will include safety procedures, regulatory requirements, and various other procedures that are related to the pipeline industry.
- This position will be responsible for the monitoring and controlling the movement of material through pipelines by remotely starting/stopping pumps and operating valves, analyzing changing conditions and alarms and making necessary adjustments, monitoring pipeline integrity and coordinating pipeline maintenance, monitoring tank and cavern storage levels, maintaining communication with field personnel, customers, and suppliers to maximize efficiency, safety, quality, and customer service.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Vocational-technical certificate or an Associates degree, or broadly recognized equivalent of practical skills, education or on the job experience is required.
- 2-3 years experience in NGL or Refined Products Control or Field Operations is preferred.
- Must have experience and basic computer skills including the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Must successfully complete all pre-employment screening requirements; including, but not limited to criminal and employment background checks, DOT drug screen, basic math and / or mechanical aptitude assessments, and interview process.
- Great team player who interacts effectively with co-workers, customers and the public, whether in a group or in independent cooperative activities.
- Good communication abilities (verbal and written) including the ability to effectively communicate by telephone.
- Must be accountable and self-driven to learn, and to continuously develop and improve his/her skills through both formalized and on-the-job training.
- Must be willing and able to perform essential functions of this position in an indoor, office environment and be able to work unscheduled overtime.
- Must be able to demonstrate, through previous job experience, training, and activities, his or her ability to understand the operation of various mechanical and technical equipment or systems.
- Must be able to quickly learn and become proficient with new skills, technologies, procedures and processes.
- Must successfully pass the COBRA (Console Operator Basic Requirements Assessment) aptitude test, if the candidate does not posses Pipeline Controller experience.
- Be able and willing to work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to visually distinguish multi-color panel alarms.
- Must be able to sit and or stand at the console for a 12-hour shift, or longer, with the exception of occasional breaks.
- Must have sufficient mobility to evacuate the control center in an emergency and immediately transport self to an alternate control center in either Houston or San Antonio.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Houston
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Enterprise Products Partners - 14 months ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...