Controller, Trainee Liquid Pipeline (T38)-000471
The Liquid Pipeline Controller Trainee's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Becoming actively engaged in the training program designed to build knowledge.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our NGL and finished products pipeline systems.
- Safety of the public and of Company personnel is a controller's primary concern when operating or monitoring a pipeline system.
- Monitoring and controlling the movement of product using a SCADA system and by direct communication with field personnel, interconnecting pipelines, and other customers.
- Analyzing changing conditions and alarms on the pipeline and making appropriate adjustments in operating parameters.
- Implementing daily operational plans to provide safe and reliable operation of liquid pipelines within regulatory requirements.
- Closely monitoring pipeline integrity using software, pressure, and volume indicators; and coordinating maintenance, construction, outages and repairs with field operations.
- Monitoring Company owned and operated tank and cavern storage levels.
- Making important decisions concerning startup and shutdown of mainline pumps to maximize system efficiency.
- Preparing routine daily operating records, communicating current operating conditions to management, and maintaining a complete log of events
- Monitoring quality parameters and notifying appropriate individuals when material is "off-spec."
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Candidate must be technically oriented with the ability to visualize and analyze data. Some experience in a job demonstrating those skills is preferred.
- Associates degree or broadly recognized equivalent of practical skills, education and on the job training is required.
- Candidate must successfully pass the COBRA (Console Operator Basic Requirements Assessment) computerized aptitude test.
- Controller experience is not required. However, a candidate must have sufficient life experiences to demonstrate the maturity and ability to learn and perform the functions of this job.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to use Microsoft Office Products with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills and be able to interface with employees, customers, and suppliers in a professional manner; both in person and by telephone.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Candidates must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays, as well as unscheduled overtime.
- Must be able to differentiate colors on a computer monitor, since alarms and material flow diagrams often rely on color-coding schemes.
- Must be able to effectively deal with co-workers, field employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Must be able to sit or stand at the console for a 12-hour shift, or longer, with the exception of occasional breaks.
- Must have sufficient mobility to evacuate the control center in an emergency and immediately transport self to an alternate control center in either Houston or San Antonio.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Houston
Job: Pipeline Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Enterprise Products Partners - 5 months ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...