Our client is a domestic and international innovative manufacturing and distribution company that has experienced more than 300% growth in the last 3 years and projects another strong year in 2013. With the rapid growth pushing them forward, our client is seeking an energetic, systems driven Controller with extensive experience in manufacturing.
This position is located in the Southern Region of Michigan, 2 hours west of Detroit.
This is an analytical and systems driven, Controller role working directly with the CEO and key management. The purpose of the role is to provide accurate financial data and analysis to executives and upper management in a timely manner to guide key decision making efforts for the company and its future direction. This is achieved by commitment to continuously evaluate, analyze, develop and improve all accounting systems and policies/procedures. These commitments are to ensure the quality of financial information and effectiveness of the company.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in creative approaches to streamlining systems and evaluating team strengths to build an even stronger infrastructure. This position requires a high level of personal integrity, confidentiality and professionalism.
· Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the financial affairs of the company.
· Ensures the accounting systems, practices, and policies are best practice, effective,
efficient and in keeping with GAAP.
· Oversees all accounting functions and records on all company transactions and assets.
· Prepares accurate and timely financial statements and management analyses.
· Establishes regimented schedule of meetings, audits, and report-outs with executive management, plant management, and accounting personnel – to include forecasts, budgets, and benchmarks.
· Develops/deploys useful standardized report-outs for plant and executive management reviews (EOM) as well as interpretive analyses to facilitate future planning paths.
· Leads accounting personnel by setting up teams vision, goals and objectives.
· Conducts annual performance evaluations, determine strengths/weaknesses and sets training goals for the team.
This position reports to the CEO, interacts with senior management and all levels of employees.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or CMA
- 5 years minimum progressive experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP, organizational auditing, risk analysis and internal controls.
- Strong experience in new launches and project forecasting.
- Strategic thinking, strong analysis in streamlining systems and root causes.
- Established ability to lead, develop and manage direct reports.
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals (digging into numbers).
- Able to multi-task and use exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with multiple plants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Position requires occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration, and hazardous materials.
Rehmann - 10 months ago
Put People First. There it is. Number one on our list of five core values. Rehmann's living commitment and vision is: Be THE Firm of Choice...