DSM Food Specialties USA, Inc. is looking for an experienced Controller to join the team at our Waukesha, Wisconsin facility.This position has three direct reports and will report into the BU Controller Cultures, located in Delft. The candidate should be able to act as a strong business partner for the Site Management and sparring partner to the BU Controller.
The DSM Food Specialties Controller will be responsible for the controlling activities of the site’s in South Bend, IN and Waukesha and Germantown, WI. This includes being part of the Site Leadership Teams, being responsible for adequate management reporting and monitoring manufacturing variances and cost analysis. Business case regarding CAPEX projects and inventory management are also part of the scope.
Furthermore, this person is responsible for the legal entity control, including financial statutory requirements, insurances and the yearly E&Y audits. This includes complete balance sheet reconciliations. DSM is running a project to integrated Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable and some general ledger activities into shared service centers. The DSM Food Specialties Controller will be the key contact person in this process.
Legal Entity Controller
- Financial Reporting (SAP SEM)
- Risk Management (internal controls)
- FICO Processes
- Financial statutory requirements
- Customs/Import duties
- Annual E&Y audits
- Transfer pricing
- Balance sheet
- Member of site Leadership Team
- Management reporting (ASR/budget, Forecast & Actual)
- Manufacturing performance (Product costing, Yield, coverage, Efficiencies, Fixed cost)
- Cost control and allocations
- Capex (business case, monitoring)
- Master data management
- Impairment/useful life decisions
- Credit management
- Local contact for region
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience required
• High level of disciplined critical and analytical skills
• In depth knowledge across a broad field of Finance & Control disciplines with hands on experience in several disciplines (accounting, control, finance, tax)
• Minimum of 7 years related business experience in Finance and Accounting or professional managerial finance experience.
• Experience with complex financial projects such as large capital investments or acquisitions.
• Experience in Economic Value Added concepts and working capital management.
• Very strong communications and social skills enabling the management of senior and junior staff, as well as ability to work with executive management.
• ERP experience and proficient in Micrsoft Office
Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and external focus; Drive For Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and Change.
- CMA, CPA or MBA preferred
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Experience in a similar role in a similar organization/industry
The Procedure and Contact
DSM's wide diversity of disciplines makes it possible to offer employees a great variety of roles throughout their career. For instance, you may start your career in an area related to your education/qualifications, but your future is what you make of it. At DSM we stimulate people to determine their own career path and we encourage international careers. We strive to be an Employer of Choice and ensure that our employees are nurtured and given the opportunity to develop their talents. To learn more about DSM’s HR vision and policy, please visit our website at www.dsm.com/careers.
The DSM Recruitment and Selection Process is in line with the general procedure outlined elsewhere on our Career World. Please apply on-line and send your CV & cover letter in English and include information on your current salary. Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM wants to get more out of life, or at least life and material sciences. It focuses on nutritional products and performance materials,...