Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. is the world's largest brand name supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics industry.
Our United States manufacturing facility is located in Milton, Vermont - 30 minutes north of downtown Burlington, Vermont. We offer a large, beautiful campus environment that includes: a fitness center; intramural sport activities; and manufacturing facilities that are modern and clean with outstanding safety records. Husky offers very competitive compensation and benefits programs.
If you are attracted to bold goals, believe in uncompromising honesty, mutual respect and environmental responsibility, have a passion for excellence and a desire to make a positive contribution - then join our team!
In this role you will be responsible for designing special orders for customers, and for maintaining the electrical and electronic design for some of Husky’s Hot Runner Controller products. You will maintain all software, mechanical, electrical and electronic aspects of the Altanium Hot Runner Controller product to improve costs and quality as well as design custom configurations to drive greater customer satisfaction.
This position will be a member of the Applications Engineering Team with a cross functional focus
es, working closely with the Standards and Product Development teams.
· Translate customer functional requirements into controller functional requirements, and electrical designs.
· Design electrical equipment for Mold and Hot Runner Controller systems, including servo drive selection, power circuit sizing, cable routing and design.
· Maintain the design of electronic board assemblies. Assess suggestions from contract manufacturers, contract designers, component manufacturers, and information from other sources. When necessary, test possible component substitutions.
· Specify and source electrical componentry as needed.
· Mechanical design of sheet metal and other components related to the controller assembly.
· Create Bill of Materials & Provide input for update to BOM configurations.
· Work closely with the other engineering groups.
· Troubleshoot, debug, and modify existing controllers, and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
· Participate in the creation and maintenance of Husky engineering standards.
· Degree in electrical design, electrical engineering, or related field
· Two (2) years of experience as an Electrical Designer or Electrical Engineer
· Experience designing control systems for industrial control application including: electrical servo drive application, power circuit design, control circuit design including programmable control equipment, custom electronics, and design of interlocking circuits, and installation of electrical equipment
· Experience with application and selection of electrical components (switching and protection equipment, motors and motor controls, programmable controls and associated) for industrial controls are essential
· Experience analyzing system requirements, and providing functional specifications, design specifications and validation plans for functionality
· Comprehensive understanding & experienced in applying electrical and machinery standards (UL, ANSI, NEC/CEC, CSA, EN, etc) as part of the design process
· Ability to create and modify CAD drawings, preferably with NX experience.
· Experience designing and building electrical equipment with a focus on manufacturability is an asset
· Background in electronic design, programming (C++, C#, C, MS SQL, SQL, Ruby, Assembly) or control system design is desired
· Working knowledge of electrical CAD systems (EPLAN experience preferred)
· Experience modeling in NX4, and NX Routing Electrical preferred
· A flexible team player with a strong sense of ownership, coupled with technical experience and 'out-of-the-box' creativity
· Strong communication skills.
Husky Injection Molding Systems offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and respect, value and welcome diversity in our workplace. Husky also values being a great place to work and strives to maintain a safe workplace. Accordingly, Husky conditions all offers of employment on satisfactory completion of background checks. No agency or telephone inquiries please.
Husky Injection Molding - 2 years ago
Husky Injection Molding Systems Ltd. is the world's largest brand name supplier of injection molding equipment and services to the plastics...