Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the Rocky Mountains, Western, Midwestern, and Southeastern U. S. Our range of services includes solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to more than 2 million commercial, industrial, and residential customers in 30 states.
We are looking for high energy Assistant Controllers to join our growing Accounting department. We have opportunities is in several markets throughout the Midwest and Southwest including, but not limited to Oklahoma City, Omaha, Wichita, Houston, and Sioux Falls. Our Assistant Controller position is a 6-12 month training position designed to get you ready for a promotion to District Controller. Our District Controllers are solely responsible for several books of business.
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of annual financial budgets
- Preparation of detailed budget, income or expenditure reports
- Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities
- Evaluating and assessing internal controls and operating results including analysis of budget to actual results; presents cost reduction recommendations to management
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
- Special projects as assigned
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. Waste Connections fosters a work hard, play harder environment. We also offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required. Will accepted consider bachelor degrees in Finance that include at least 12 credit hours or more of Accounting coursework.
- 3+ Years Accounting experience
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
- Qualified Assistant Controller candidates will be compensated for the budgeted market rate in the city for which they are placed and can anticipate an increase in annual salary once promoted to the District Controller level.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
Waste Connections - 14 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...