Rapidly growing and expanding consumer electronics company has an opening for a dynamic and energetic accounting expert in a fast paced consumer electronics manufacturing environment. Position requires an individual with a strong financial and accounting background and 7-10 years of experience preferably in the retail consumer electronics business. A CPA, and/or an MBA with emphasis in accounting is required. The candidate should have excellent skills in oral and written communication; experience in a distribution/contract manufacturing environment and the ability to design and implement processes and procedures for a fast growing company. In depth experience working with Excel is required. Recent experience with Netsuite is preferred.
- Insure that proper and timely financial and other reporting is accurate and on time on a daily, weekly or monthly basis to distributors, retail customers, lending institutions and management.
- Track and forecast cash expenditures by week for rolling 6 month period.
- In conjunction with the above, insure through the factoring of receivables that sufficient funds are always available to meet near term cash requirements.
- Ability to lead company from a start-up Netsuite accounting platform to a robust ERP accounting platform.
- Make collections calls on an as needed basis.
- Provide management with weekly updates on unit sales by product and by customer.
- Develop detailed financial models to provide long term (2-3 year) P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Oversee all aspects of accounting function
- Perform month-end close including account reconciliations and financial reporting within 4 working days of month end.
- Annual CPA audit coordination
- Stock option accounting
- Provide financial input into all product pricing, rebate, discount and other promotional programs.
- Track all marketing/rebate programs to make sure they are being accounted for correctly and that each program is being administered correctly.
- Determine appropriate reserves for MDF, returns and allowances, rebates, inventory etc.
- Track all changes to product costs and keep management informed of impact on gross margins.
- Maintain and track BOM’s for all products.
- Determine D&O and P&C insurance requirements and obtain appropriate coverage.
Able Planet - 22 months ago