Foreign Bank seeking controller. The current lines of business are:
· Trade and Commodity Finance: short term, primarily bilateral transactions
· Corporate Lending: medium term (up to 5 years) revolvers and term loans
· Latin American Finance: short term transactions
· Exim Bank: transactions secured by US Export and Import Agency
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Controller will be responsible for supervising the Accounting and Controlling Department staff, MIS reporting, relevant reports and projects. He/she will also prepare Supervisory Board presentations, implement head office accounting and controlling guidelines, analyze profitability and actual versus budget performance, prepare budget and yearly forecasts and support marketing departments regarding risk return calculations.
Specifically, this person will:
· Maintain policies and procedures
· Prepare ad hoc reports for local management
· Operate and reconcile internal MIS system
· Participate in strategic planning process
· Prepare yearly budget and forecasts
· Prepare monthly reports for head office Group Accounting Group Controlling and local management
· Manage 3 people.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of
general bank accounting experience, preferably at a branch of a foreign bank, and will have strong analytical, IT, math and accounting skills, be able to communicate effectively, be adaptable to local and head office cultures, understand credit transactions, accounts payable, fixed assets, lead teams and have an abundance of common sense. Requirements include a BA, BS, CPA and/or CIA, excellent language skills, proficient computer skills and strong interpersonal skills. Experience with regulatory reporting, international banking, Midas and knowledge of German would be a plus.
· Interpersonal skills
Adams Consulting Group, LLC - 12 months ago