PURPOSE: Directs the organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, procedures and internal controls. Oversees the preparation of GAAP accrual basis financials, tax returns and quarterly tax payments. Monitors compliance with federal and state reporting. Coordinates the corporate and internal audits. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance and confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
Accountable for general ledger department operations to include:
- Understanding of all areas of financials and the related systems
- Maintaining accrual basis financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Ensuring accurate coding to support system allocations required for GAAP reporting and the various EnterpriseAccounting Reporting (EAR) models
- Documented policies, procedures, quality standards, and training
- Timely and accurate issuance of financial statements
- Ensures all account reconciliations are prepared timely and accurately through review process
Accountable for Payroll operations to include:
- Documented and implemented payroll policies and procedures supporting internal controls
- Ensures compliance with Pay Day Law and other applicable payroll related laws
- Maintains systems to ensure payroll is paid timely and accurately
Accountable for A/P operations to include:
Audit Coordination and Reporting:
- Appropriate training of staff and adequate tools to ensure proper coding to support GAAP and EAR related financials
- Timely and accurate payment of invoices
- Handles coordination of all financial related audits with external as well as internal personnel (corporate, pension, workers comp, franchise tax and sales tax,)
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the audits in accordance with the appropriate standards (GAAP, ERISA, DOL, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with State and Federal regulations (Federal and state franchise tax returns, unclaimed property, Flex, DOL, etc.)
- Timely and accurate issuance of tax work papers, payments, returns, etc.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting internal department quality standards
- Proper internal controls within the accounting department
- Proper system-wide internal controls related to the safeguarding of the organizations’ assets
- Documented policies and procedures to adequately support proper internal controls
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains staff training plan by position
- Develops staff to function independently while fostering a team environment
- Deals with personnel issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Experience: Three (3) years or more experience with managing/supervising accounting staff. Elimination and consolidation accounting experience required. Tax work paper preparation and compliance required. Healthcare accounting experience preferred. Multi-company accounting experience preferred. Partnership accounting experience preferred. Experience in administering and recording accounting transactions related to multiple management agreements to include cash transactions preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced Access and Excel skills.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Austin Regional Clinic - 18 months ago